Honored Contributor

Re: The Project: Curating MacDuff's Closet...

@MacDUFF

I like it (especially for $47).  Now I am kind of sorry I did not order it!

Honored Contributor

That  blue is SO pretty!

Trusted Contributor

Good story, MacDuff!

My husband & son also insisted I carry a small knife, which I think I used once or twice to open a box!  About 15 years ago, my work took me twice to a courthouse in NYC.  It wasn't until I got home that I remembered the knife, which had escaped unnoticed, somehow, & happily for me.  Years ago, when my son was about 12, we were going to Florida & unbeknownst to me, he had a good-sized knife with him.  Security found it, & it was either lose it, or mail it home.  We mailed it.  Also reminds me of when he was in kindergarten.  I got a call saying son had brought a knife to school.  When I picked him up, they gave me the Swiss Army knife he had taken with him.  Literally, never a dull moment!  I still carry one of two small knives, but never to the airport. (Coming back recently, the TSA was extremely interested in my lunch, though!)

Super Contributor

@MacDUFF Oh that was so worth waiting for hahahaha....

Your vivid description/imagery had me right there with the peanut gallery. Too funny! I can imagine that split second moment when you wonder "is charm going to carry me through this moment?"  Smiley Very Happy.

(I guess it did, I have yet to see you on a wanted poster in any federal establishment)

On a side note, I should have known you were a fellow "Far Side" fan. I've often thought the world can be divided into two groups of people: those that find "The Far Side" hysterical, and those that don't (my Mom).

When potato salad goes bad...........

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Trusted Contributor

So pretty @MacDUFF!

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I received the JJill topper. 

Other than the fact that it's a little scatchy (30% wool...the most I can tolerate in wool that's not merino), I really like it and think I could come to love it.   

It's very different from the lighter weight, more cotton-rich jacquard topper...I could keep them both if only I liked that jacquard print!   This one is heavier and bulkier...can only be worn in temps 45ish degrees and below, so I won't wear it often, but for $47 (included $7.95 S&H fee ugh) compared to $70 (no S&H) for the jacquard, I think it's well worth having in my closet. 

It's not near as bright, durn it, as the JJill website pic, but a little brighter than this pic.

What do the critics say?  Smiley Tongue

@AmericanBulldogMom

@SouthFlorida321

@DiAnne

@Hippiified

@yellowBeetle

@occasionalrain

@tansy

@ECBG

20171210_151206-2.jpeg

@MacDUFF

It's gorgeous! Looks like it was made for you! Toppers are so flattering, flirty, and fun ... it's a keeper! Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF

You have me wanting a topper now!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF I LOVE it on you and the price can’t be beat!! Enjoy! You will look fantastic when those temps drop!!

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of toppers, less bulky for driving and not as heavy as a coat.  I have a few boiled wool and a couple sweater ones. I prefer the boiled wool; they keep their shape and are warmer. I live in the North East.

That blue one suits you perfectly, much more so than the other.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This critic gives two thumbs up on the denim blue topper, @MacDUFF.  You look terrific in it.  There’s something in your wording  about it though that makes me think it may stay in your closet without being worn.  Prove me wrong😄