Honored Contributor

Re: The Pioneer Woman's MOB Dress

All the wedding photos are spectacular and they all looked so happy.  I love all the dresses including the Groom's mom's dress below.

alex drummond mauricio scott wedding photos

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Looks like the MOB and MOG (is that a thing?) decided to wear similar color dresses.

I don’t have a problem with Ree’s dress - I don’t really watch her show, but I think it fits her style. She looks happy and confident in it.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

My thought too. Similar in color and both lace embellished.

@Judaline 

I too thought the 'insert' could easily be a bralette or cami. I think I would've tacked the neckline up an inch or 2 to avoid the excessive cleavage (unless of course you have the breasts to support it. I no longer do Woman Wink)

Honored Contributor

His mother wore a beautiful dress.  She looks gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love this photo of the four together.  I read he waited to see her coming down the aisle as opposed to the first look that as become so popular in the last few years.   He wanted the first look to be the old fashioned way.

ree and ladd drummond with mauricio and alex scott

alex drummond mauricio scott wedding photos

Honored Contributor

Why is Ree carrying a small bouquet?  Is that in place of a corsage? 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Why is Ree carrying a small bouquet?  Is that in place of a corsage? 

My employer's oldest daughter got married about 5 years ago and his wife carried a small bouquet similar to the wedding party.  It was a big church wedding, country club reception and leave for the airport in a Bentley type wedding.  I just assumed it was a more upscale type of thing to do.  Never really thought to ask her why not just a corsage?

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

The dress is supposed to give the illusion of nudity covered with lace.  Personally I think it's an odd choice for a MOB.  The inset just looks like her bra is showing. 

Sorry, I think this gown is a big miss.

The other gown posted on the thread is lovely.

@lulu1 

Exactly what I was thinking. I dislike this dress. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

tenor.gif

Couldn't resist😁

@Greeneyedlady21   LMBO!!!!  Woman Very Happy  That was my first thought when I saw it was from Jovani!  I had even meant to mention it in my comment and forgot. about it!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 It's a nose gay.  I had planned to carry one at my daughter's wedding but ultimately opted for a corsage made for my clutch (so I wouldn't have to carry TWO things.)  I dislike wearing corsages whether pinned on a dress or on the wrist.  Nose gays are kind of the third option: pinned corsage, wrist corsage or nose gay.  I would have really preferred a fouth option; no flowers at all, but it was suggested it wouldn't look right if the bride's mother was the only one without flowers.  So my corsage was pinned to my clutch.