Trusted Contributor

Re: The Pioneer Woman's MOB Dress

@Witchy Woman  

There were others who commented they liked the dress, too, including me!  I said for their setting I can see why she went with that, and she said this in something I read. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddie 

Yes, you are right...I apologize for the sweeping generalization. 

Can I plead not enough coffee?  Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Teddie 

Yes, you are right...I apologize for the sweeping generalization. 

Can I plead not enough coffee?  Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman 

Alright then. Didn’t want you to think you were alone in liking the dress. 

Let’s get some coffee. 😀

Trusted Contributor

In the first picture, where Alex looks mortified, Ree obviously said something inappropriate/embarrassing. In one Pioneer Woman episode, Ree told Mauricio that he's marrying Alex's mother as well. It was awkward.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

I thought it was pretty and very much her 'flowy' style.  She doesn't come across someone who would wear a formal, form-fitted dress... just not her style.

Honored Contributor

I think her hair bothers me more than the dress.  I think it's harder to pull off the casual, beach wave look in a formal situation when you're not especially young.  Her hair would have looked better in a more sophisticated do; whether up or down.  (Personally, I would have preferred up.)

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

If my son gets married I hope people are kind and do not say my dress is ugly. 

I would never call someone else's fashion choices "ugly". Their choices, not my personal style, etc...doesn't make it "ugly". She chose the dress, and I'm sure she felt beautiful in it.

I have had things I like called ugly, hideous, matronly and more on this forum. It's rude.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Ree's dress is not what I would have chosen, but obviously she liked it.  I was hoping she would have an updo for her hair.  I have never cared for her hair style.  Then again, she likes it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I can absolutely see why Ree chose that dress! It's beautiful! I do wish she had done something differently with the plunging neckline rather than an insert

Not a big fan of her daughters wedding dress. I'm sick to death of strapless but she does pull it off better than most

There are bras and shapewear with that vision-an insert. I think maybe that was what it was.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never cared for her style (the tops anyway) on her show so it's no surprise that I'm totally underwhelmed with her MOB dress.  I don't mind the style of the dress but hate the huge print on it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown