Trusted Contributor

Re: The Pioneer Woman's MOB Dress

@chrystaltree wrote:

Gorgeous dress, beautiful wedding.

@chrystaltree  I think everything was gorgeous, too. They had an outdoor wedding on their ranch. I wouldn’t want anything too formal in that setting. I love beautiful, flowy feminine type clothes like that. 

I took interest in their wedding because my daughter is having her wedding and reception on our place, as well. We live out in the country and she has a special gift for decorating and making things beautiful. And I’m on the lookout for a dress for myself. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If my son gets married I hope people are kind and do not say my dress is ugly. 

Valued Contributor

The MOB dress is truly the worst choice she could have made and for lifetime pictures no less!  Everything about this screams ugly as someone pointed out.  The color choice is wrong for her warm hair and she obviously has never had either color analysis done or had a stylist help her.  How regretable.  

Respected Contributor

Agree that dress did nothing for Ree. I find it very busy looking, but I tend to think simple and understated is best for MOB. 

Regular Contributor

The bride's dress is beautiful as is the MOB dress . It was their wedding and their money . I congratulate the bride and groom .

It's their time .

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

This dress is exquisite and the color would have been a perfect fit for her complexion and hair.  But I suspect that she would not have wanted such a fitted style. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

I like the style on her.  I just kinda wish the underlining was a darker color.  She has beautiful hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Not every dress fits everybody. The dress was not flattering for her figure. She could have looked beautiful in a dress that was suited for her. 

Honored Contributor

I can absolutely see why Ree chose that dress! It's beautiful! I do wish she had done something differently with the plunging neckline rather than an insert

Not a big fan of her daughters wedding dress. I'm sick to death of strapless but she does pull it off better than most

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo 

I'm somewhat relieved to see that someone else liked the dress Cat LOL

Somehow, it appealed to me.  Maybe not the perfect dress for her, but not wretched.

After someone else pointed out the neckline, I agreed it was a bad fix if she was trying to conceal anything.  

There was something about the viney/floral/sheer illusion that appealed to me, but, apparently, we are in the minority Cat LOL