Honored Contributor

Re: The New PM Style

[ Edited ]

I haven’t watched a full PM Style since Lisa R left. I really liked the show with her. Something about her personality and humor appealed to me. I did give Shawn a try, but her presentation style did not appeal to me. The later start time was also bad for me being such an early riser for work. I flipped back back and forth between Amy’s PM Style and the football game last night. I thought what I saw was ok. I do like the earlier start time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KKlim well Amy's been a host for a while so if she hasn't settled in and calmed down by now, I'm not expecting her to with the new show.

I agree with you regarding Courtney K. I thought the laying on the couch thing was really silly.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

As far as the new PMStyle, I was never in when Shawn hosted it and I doubt I'll be in with Amy hosting.  I did tune in for a little yesterday because I was sick in bed.  Honestly didn't understand Courtney lying on the couch.  It just seemed odd.  Then she'd pop up to show something and go back and lie down. 

@QueenDanceALot, I think out of that batch of hosts, Courtney is by far the best.  I really enjoy her.  Just didn't get the couch thing last night but I'm sure she was told to do that.

@Lipstickdiva

I think I've seen the other new batch of hosts maybe once each (and maybe some of them not at all) and none stood out to me. They all seemed like the same person.  hahaha.  

I didn't see PMStyle last nite, but I'm sure you are right about management telling Courtney to do "the couch thing" (what was it, exactly?  Just sitting on it with her feet up?  I don't see the problem with that, actually).  Probably want to convey a "relaxed" feel about the show.

Respected Contributor
@GinaV24.. lol ...I read your post about the couch maneuver..I’m glad someone else viewed it as odd also.. I mean - really? Like how old is CK? Your a professional getting paid a nice salary- so act like one..you can portray a relaxed vibe other ways.. can u imagine someone like Mary Beth Roe or Leah Williams acting like that on the 1st day of a new show? But otherwise- your previous earlier post was interesting to read w/ your comments about last nite...🙂
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@iTalia

You're "out' because of all the mispronunciations but you want Shawn to have her own style show?

Hahahahahahaha

Yes because Shawn pronounces words correctly. One would think to be a show host on national television speaking common words accurately would be a requirement and not an option. 

@iTalia

Yes, my very favorite might have been when SK would talk couture (or properly pronounced "Ko-CHUR") fashion with guests.  It really is a shame that no one else knows how to pronounce couture!

Of course, who really knows how to pronounce the myriad of words she makes up except for her.

@QueenDanceALot

It's QVC: the word 'couture' shouldn't even come up!

Honored Contributor

I am never "Inspired" by LOGO.  it seems that is what they push on these shows....it looks like sloppy hangy saggy fashion that looks bad on everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Is there supposed to be a difference between Inspired Style, PM Style, AM Style?  They all seem the same to me, except for a different host.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

The hosts are switching out many shows, not just Monday night.  Carolyn and Dan will no longer be hosting together on Sunday mornings.  I never thought that would change!  Regarding Amy, I tuned into her Inspired Style show over the weekend.  The same format as before with the chatty models (who seem to be alittle full of it at this point).  Amy has acknowledged a speech problem and that combined with the speed talking is undeciperable to me - truly - just can't understand her.  Way too fast and there's no reason to be talking at that clip.  Not big on the running either.

Amy acknowledge a speech problem?  As in a speech impediment?  I've never noticed when watching her.  

Did she really "acknowledge a speech problem"?

IMO she has no speech impediment, that's her Balmer accent and she just talks too fast. This gal was a soap opera actress before she came to the Q, she didn't have an accent or a speech impediment on the show. Also, she did not have this problem when she was hired and the first few years she worked for the Q. Amy obtained the speech problem when she got her own show and got worse with each prime time show they gave her.This is what I have observed over the years.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@iTalia

You're "out' because of all the mispronunciations but you want Shawn to have her own style show?

Hahahahahahaha

Yes because Shawn pronounces words correctly. One would think to be a show host on national television speaking common words accurately would be a requirement and not an option. 

@iTalia

Yes, my very favorite might have been when SK would talk couture (or properly pronounced "Ko-CHUR") fashion with guests.  It really is a shame that no one else knows how to pronounce couture!

Of course, who really knows how to pronounce the myriad of words she makes up except for her.

@QueenDanceALot

It's QVC: the word 'couture' shouldn't even come up!

@Andreatoo

But isn't that what the "C:" in QVC stands for?

Honored Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

So far, I am okay with the changes.  We all need to change things up once in a while.  Change is growth.

Not always... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...