Regular Contributor

I agree.  I wasn't sure how it would work out, but I don't watch SK, so I gave it a try.  I actually liked it.  I think this show is to appeal to the younger group of people that QVC would like to attract, so I think this filled the bill.  I do think that Amy is so cute in everything and very stylish in her look.

Contributor

Nope! Missed it due to the time being 4:00 Pacific Time.  First, love Shawn and Amy but this switch up on shows dont work for me. I get home at 5:00 pm (PDT), so by the time i get dinner made and my evening in progress by 7:00pm (PDT) i used to love relaxing and watching PMS. Now its LOGO and i am not a fan of LOGO, so as of last night, i changed my channel to watch something else. Sorry QVC, your change of shows is based by sales...hope the best for you! 

Trusted Contributor

The hosts are switching out many shows, not just Monday night.  Carolyn and Dan will no longer be hosting together on Sunday mornings.  I never thought that would change!  Regarding Amy, I tuned into her Inspired Style show over the weekend.  The same format as before with the chatty models (who seem to be alittle full of it at this point).  Amy has acknowledged a speech problem and that combined with the speed talking is undeciperable to me - truly - just can't understand her.  Way too fast and there's no reason to be talking at that clip.  Not big on the running either.

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching PM Style years ago. The clothing is outdated and since I never see anyone where I live wearing most of it, changing the host is meaningless. 

When channel surfing, I have seen both Amy and Shawn trying to breath some life into stale merchandise. Not an easy task...

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

The hosts are switching out many shows, not just Monday night.  Carolyn and Dan will no longer be hosting together on Sunday mornings.  I never thought that would change!  Regarding Amy, I tuned into her Inspired Style show over the weekend.  The same format as before with the chatty models (who seem to be alittle full of it at this point).  Amy has acknowledged a speech problem and that combined with the speed talking is undeciperable to me - truly - just can't understand her.  Way too fast and there's no reason to be talking at that clip.  Not big on the running either.

Amy acknowledge a speech problem?  As in a speech impediment?  I've never noticed when watching her.  

Did she really "acknowledge a speech problem"?

Honored Contributor

Re: The New PM Style

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@iTalia

You're "out' because of all the mispronunciations but you want Shawn to have her own style show?

Hahahahahahaha

Yes because Shawn pronounces words correctly. One would think to be a show host on national television speaking common words accurately would be a requirement and not an option. 

@iTalia

Yes, my very favorite might have been when SK would talk couture (or properly pronounced "Ko-CHUR") fashion with guests.  It really is a shame that no one else knows how to pronounce couture!

Of course, who really knows how to pronounce the myriad of words she makes up except for her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As noted elsewhere, Qurate can play musical hosts, moving them from show to show and station to station and on and on and on but as long as they're hawking the same handful of stale brands and offering so little on-air variety, it really doesn't make any difference... That said, this host, for me, is just a big no... And if they think for a minute their little youth movement is going to take hold and garner them a whole new demographic, they're either delusional or they're hallucinating...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder what they are doing with Gabrielle?  She just said she's moving to evenings and there would be announcements to come.

She's not doing AMStyle anymore on Q2 on Saturday mornings.  Mary Nelson is taking that over.

QVC must really see potential in Courtney K.  They gave her that Q the Deals every Sunday with Rick from 10-midnight, co-hosting PMS with Amy and PMS on Q2 Wednesday nights.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I wonder what they are doing with Gabrielle?  She just said she's moving to evenings and there would be announcements to come.

She's not doing AMStyle anymore on Q2 on Saturday mornings.  Mary Nelson is taking that over.

QVC must really see potential in Courtney K.  They gave her that Q the Deals every Sunday with Rick from 10-midnight, co-hosting PMS with Amy and PMS on Q2 Wednesday nights.

@Lipstickdiva

I didn't know anything about Courtney Khondabi until a few months ago when I was having a bout with insomnia and turned on some QVC hopefully to put me to sleep.  

Courtney was doing the wee hours and I thought she did a really good job.  She has a nice speaking voice (not too many of those around), has a nice professional demeanor, doesn't go off in unrelated directions, and has a very nice sense of style.

I don't know what demographic QVC is trying to target, but I think Courtney could appeal to a fairly wide range of viewers.

Respected Contributor
I watched last nite and have to get used to the new PMS host line up. As another poster said, maybe Amy just needs to find her niche and settle down w/ it. One thing that she does need to work on ASAP is she needs to stop stretching her words out when presenting items. It sounds ridiculous . Any
mature, educated professional woman doesn’t speak like that. Also, I didn’t go for Courtney K with her feet up on the sofa trying to be all cutesy and settled in already. Courtney - please learn the new shift and job first and then you’ll have all the time to get cutesy.