Occasional Contributor

I agree. I cannot watch Shawn at all.

Honored Contributor

I have a novel idea/suggestion for PM Style and other fashion shows!

Show us the garment!    A few suggestions ....

• I'd love to see the neckline (w/o long hair or scarf hiding it)
  • I want to see the inside  / what the wrong side of the fabric looks like.  If you hide the wrong side - that means there's something wrong with it.
  • Don't wiggle the garment - I want to see the pattern.  I can only assume the print is awful if you have to wiggle the item.
  • I want to see the seams on anything that's a print fabric.  Don't show the seams and I can only assume there's an issue with matching.
  • I want to see actual sleeve length on models ... not a sleeve that's been pushed up to the elbow.
Honored Contributor

@ma42 wrote:

I agree. I cannot watch Shawn at all.

@ma42   Amy is now the host of PM Style.

Contributor

Personally i think whenever Shawn presented an article of clothing she did not like, she **destroyed** it by tieing it around her waist, she did that many times, especially with denim and co. She may not like it, but many customers do. Frankly the new batch, like Courtney, talk over the guests, as do Amy and Shawn. They have all been infected with the **Jane Treacy** disease. I do how ever like Jane doing the gem shows, she does a good job, but does talk over them too, but i turn the channel when she hosts a show about anything else, other then gems, oh, and the Irish shows.

Not sure if any of you remember when Q replaced Jill with Carolyn for the denim and co shows, i was watching when Jill made the announcement, and she was so sweet about it. I always trust her presentations, and she will tell you if it is not a good purchase for someone. Carolyn does a lovely job with denim and co, and she wears the clothes too, which Jill was so gracious when leaving that show, she even spoke of that aspect, about Carolyn. Jill, i think, along with Carolyn do a great job Hosting, i trust them, as i do Nancy Hornbeck, another of my Faves. Lisa Robertson was, and still is, a natural with the public, sorry she can't be replaced.

The fact is, QVC is trying to be equal to a **Neiman Marcus** on a shopping channel, and the quality is not there. I've been a client for many yrs with them, and earlier, the quality was with some of their clothing, but not now. I have a great deal of Logo, but selective. I am not a young girl, and ruffles do not do ruffles, but a lot of her stuff is nice, but not quality of Neiman's. They used to have 100% silk, and denim and co had a huge selection of beautiful leather jackets, and suede. I still have the Koos of Cos silk duster i bout many yrs ago, and it's beautiful. Even the Irish shows used to have gorgeous pullover irish wool sweater, the aran ones, and no more. I had bought a blue irish plaid wool jacket almost 30 yrs ago, unlined, but i wore that jacket to death, i loved it with the fringe hem. I lived in the north east, and wore it in the coldest weather. So, no matter who sells the stuff, quality is more important. i basically have stopped buying anything irish now, and rarely to none everything else. Even the Isaac top i bought i threw out because it looked like a deselved mess after wearing it a couple of hours. But.....i've bought Isaac cardigans and they were lovely in the past..

After all my babbling, the fact is, the fabric, quality is not there with clothes, my exceptions is, Louis D, and some Bob M, their stuff, esp Louis D's products are great quality for money. I've never been disappointed, still having their stuff from many yrs ago.

Good luck to the Q trying to make their channel a live clothes catalog, thery need to give the quality, like real suade, silk, wool, and stop with those stupid sweater with saying on them, ugh.

Contributor

I enjoy Katy also, classy, not overtalking, and very good presenter. Personally i do not like Courtney's presentations, she is too hyper, and talks over thre guests.

Contributor

I enjoy Mary N  too, great Host and presenter.

Respected Contributor

I think Shawn is better at creating excitement for the products than Amy.

Valued Contributor

Re: The New PM Style

[ Edited ]

The social media usage during any show is strikingly akward, please stop.  HSN does the same thing, they stop to say "Hello! To Laurie from Maine!"  Who cares?  Sell me the product with sizing information, colors, fabric, etc.  Back to PMS, Courtney K. is my host preference, I actually watch her PMS on Q2.  There is no social media interaction, she gets to the point, and she isn't hooting and laughing all the time, sitting with her feet on the couch.  Which just looks lazy on the regular PMS.  I don't want friends on TV, they are not real and this whole thing is all an act.  I want information to figure out how to spend my hard earned money on a product. Too many of these hosts are wrapped up in their own worlds (and not just the younger set either).  I have nothing against Amy I just think the show is too long at three hours, and there is too many products unrelated to style that is included (like Hairmax or something).  

Trusted Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I agree with just about everything said.  I watch maybe an hour a day.  Amy is childish, shawn drives me crazy looking over her glasses and nosey questions to guests.  I used to enjoy shoe shopping with Jane but tired of hearing about Kiki, her vacations and her daughters dancing and apartment.  I really enjoy Courtney K and Mary Nelson.

That pretty much sums it up for me too!  And like another poster said, I don't want to say hi to Myrna from New Jersey either!  Hardly watch anything anymore.  Used to have it on for background noise but the current background noise does not inspire me to buy anything. 

Regular Contributor

Love Courtney K .She's excellent!