Esteemed Contributor

Re: The New PM Style

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have a novel idea/suggestion for PM Style and other fashion shows!

Show us the garment!    A few suggestions ....

• I'd love to see the neckline (w/o long hair or scarf hiding it)
  • I want to see the inside  / what the wrong side of the fabric looks like.  If you hide the wrong side - that means there's something wrong with it.
  • Don't wiggle the garment - I want to see the pattern.  I can only assume the print is awful if you have to wiggle the item.
  • I want to see the seams on anything that's a print fabric.  Don't show the seams and I can only assume there's an issue with matching.
  • I want to see actual sleeve length on models ... not a sleeve that's been pushed up to the elbow.

@ALRATIBA Allow me to add one more item to your "please show us list".  It is for every model to give us a rear view of the item.  I've noticed in certain garments (such as the recent Attitudes TSV and the HSN Nina Leonard TS dresses there were minimal rear views.  This always leads me to believe there is some clinging in the wrong places going on. 

@ajsidney12  The social media has replaced the awful awkward phone calls.  (IMO) neither adds anything entertaining or of informative value to the shows.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix 

I just walked down a long city block behind a woman wearing lightweight fabric knit pants in a bright blue color.  Some things you just can't "un-see."

@Trix wrote:   .......

@ALRATIBA Allow me to add one more item to your "please show us list".  It is for every model to give us a rear view of the item.  I've noticed in certain garments (such as the recent Attitudes TSV and the HSN Nina Leonard TS dresses there were minimal rear views.  This always leads me to believe there is some clinging in the wrong places going on

Trusted Contributor

I'm OUT!   I can't stand it even for a few minutes.  I loved it with Shawn.  I was drawn to it like a moth.  That girl can generate excitement for an item!  LOL.  It's gone from something special to humdrum. 

Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

As long as I don’t have to watch Shawn, it’s all good.

@QVCkitty1  Me too ....

Honored Contributor

@Leelee1123 wrote:

Love Courtney K .She's excellent!

@Leelee1123   We don't all love the same person.  We need to accept this for what it is.  It is all good.  If Coutrney K became the new hostess of PMS, you would have as many or maybe even more dislike her.  You cannot please all the people all the time, nor all the people some of the time and you cannot please some of the people all the time.  Let's get real and accept what we have.  You do not have to watch if you do not want to.  Many are watching and I expect PMS numbers are better than they have been since Lisa left.

Super Contributor
Funny how certain ppl have host preferences. I cant stand kortney k. And i think all she does is giggle and act foolish during most of her on air with Amy. Shawn like her or not is a professional and seasoned host that sells and draws in the audience by giving details and is not afraid to make a fool of herself to show a product something Amy or Pat would never do. I think the new girl tisha is one of the best i have seen in a very long time but hardly see her on air. If I never see Antoinella,Jen or Kirtsten again it would not bother me. As far as sincerity goes I think the person who wins for the least in that department is Sandra she is very go thru the motions ,if you will.
Respected Contributor

I'm definitely in.....don't watch it a lot but I think Amy is great.

Never watched it before.

Respected Contributor

NOT an Amy fan and no longer watch 

Respected Contributor

I liked PM Style when Shawn hosted.  She does a better job creating excitement.  Amy is a darling gal, but she seems so frantic.

What I do miss is Lisa R's great speaking voice.  

Trusted Contributor

Shawn is very materialistic.  Like a lot of the hosts she says I own this, this and this.  How much stuff can you have and wear?  Those readers she wears as an accessory drive me nuts.  It looks really stupid.  As far as her daughter well she is cute but the name escapes me.  She must like Mick Jagger a lot!  But that is her choice.