Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried these? They will have 5 styles: straight leg, boot cut, jegging, girlfriend and ankle. Store rep said they would fit like signature cut but needed to try on. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The NEW Talbots Jeans?

[ Edited ]

I don't know whether the jeans you mentioned are new for the fall but I found some great jeans at Talbot's recently. They were from the spring-summer collection and fit beautifully. That was not my experience with Talbot's before. They must be fitting their jeans to real women. The only thing I found, though, is that I needed two different sizes. Their petite size 10, for example, fit like their regular size 8, so in their ankle pants I took a regular 8 but in some of their petite jeans, I needed a 10p. They do this with their tops too. I wish they'd realize that petites are not thinner than regulars. We're just proportionally shorter.

Valued Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Has anyone tried these? They will have 5 styles: straight leg, boot cut, jegging, girlfriend and ankle. Store rep said they would fit like signature cut but needed to try on. 

I have a pair of Talbots jeans and a pair of their cords that I bought last winter and I adore.  There are three fits, signature, heritage and curvy.  The fit that worked best for me is heritage. Signature is more narrow, heritage is in between and curvy is curvy. I consider myself curvy but in the jeand and cords the heritage fit me best.

Honored Contributor

Re: The NEW Talbots Jeans?

[ Edited ]

The brand new ones, the Flawless jeans, are horrible. Wretched. Heavy and baggy. Ill fitting. Hate them. 

My favorite jeans of of theirs are the ones made from 90% cotton, 8% poly and 2% spandex. They're on clearance right now. I bought several pairs because they're that terrific. 

The new Flawless jeans...not a fan. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

If you're interested in the jeans I love, search c712586 on their site. They're ankle jeans. I'm 5'5". They fit me as full length. 

C701586 is the same jeans, regular length. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Not yet but I plan to this weekend.