Respected Contributor

Re: The Myth of Dressing Your Age

@Q4u

i'm not sure that i understand this.  you see a woman from behind and she looks just fine until she turns around and she's old?   her clothing and hair are not appropriate?  she looks good from the back and not from the front?

i apologize if i misread this, but i don't get it.  maybe i took a stupid pill today!

Honored Contributor

Another issue is parents who allow their children to walk around in clothing that is not age appropriate.   I wonder what's wrong with them. 

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

What to do about getting old?    Do like I did today, one purple streak in my hair...................and I feel 30 years younger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you look great too.  I have actually thought about adding a blue or purple streak to my hair.  I have the color to do it,  but haven't have the nerve yet.

Trusted Contributor

I have to admit, I don't like seeing pajamas on women of any age, worn as though they are just casual pants. I should clarify, I mean flannel bottoms, not the whole pajama set.  

Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Buck-i-NanaYou are in good company in that "Don't Care" club.  I guess those inappropiately dressed at the concert I attended the other day don't care and neither do those wearing shorts to a funeral, women with low cut pants that show cracks and super low cut tops that show.....,etc, etc., you get the picture.  Frankly, I think in a civilized society we should care about these things and find it quite sad the extent to which things have dissintegrated and what is now found acceptable.  I think it is rather sad but hey, to each his/her own.

Ya know, maybe you've seen that, maybe you haven't.  Just love when extremes are brought up, as honestly, I've never witnessed that type of dress in that type of situation in all my 63 years.

So, once again, I'll say, I dress the way I want to and as I feel is appropriate.  I think a lot of uppity women just love to sit in judgement and cluck and hiss.  You should be thankful there are still people out there that give you cause to cackle.

Yup, my response is snarky.  I believe it's warranted.

Respected Contributor

Parents having say and influence over their minor children is a whole different subject that adult women clucking about how other women don't dress the way they think they should.

Honored Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

Women of every age should dress what they want to wear and feel comfortable wearing. Everyone has a different taste level.   

LOL!!!  Yes, people sure do have the right to look like old fools--and you can see some of them out there.  Especially the old men that have thrown all grooming habits out the door, or the womeon in teen-ager clothes.

I understand @Bri21 though that that's not what you are talking about, but your post made me think about it because I had to go to the hardware store last week.  That must be the ancestral home of poor judgment in clothing! Woman LOL

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because as it contains links and has been previously deleted

Honored Contributor

@leighagemini wrote:

I wish this trend of 60 year olds getting head to toe makeovers to "try" and look like 30 year olds would end. In the end they just look much older.

@leighagemini

Who is doing this?   I don't know of any women trying to look half their age.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Q4u

i'm not sure that i understand this.  you see a woman from behind and she looks just fine until she turns around and she's old?   her clothing and hair are not appropriate?  she looks good from the back and not from the front?

i apologize if i misread this, but i don't get it.  maybe i took a stupid pill today!

She looks about 30 from the back, her way of dressing and doing her hair....... when she turns around it's startling to see that she is not 30 but perhaps in her 60's or so.  Didn't mean to imply she didn't look good from both the back and the front, just that an assumption is made from the back based on clothing and hair styles.  Maybe one day it won't be.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*