Honored Contributor
Yikes! Much higher than in previous years, even at Rose of Tralee special prices. I thought the pricing on them (with a few exceptions) in the past was really great.
Respected Contributor

Re: The Irish Sweater Prices

@Pearlee You might want to check out the Blarney Woolen Mills website.  They periodically run really good sales on the same kinds of sweaters.  I've gotten a couple for well under $100 in the past.  If you get on their mailing list they send you info on sales and there is a coupon code for a percentage off for a first order.

Honored Contributor

I checked recently shown items..........Yes, the sweaters that I like seem to be higher in price.

Maybe it's because of this pandemic, and it might cost more to weave the sweaters and manufacture the items in a much safer way?

Maybe we'll see lower prices in a few more presentations.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm curious to know why A263770 cannot be shipped to CA????  Do all the sweaters have that notice???

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY I don't think that's the reason for the price hikes because even old stock has gone up in price.
Respected Contributor

Maybe California's Prop 65 banning cancer-causing agents in the dyes?

Honored Contributor

All clothing that is in natural fibers are getting huge prices now.  Merino wool is nice, but you have to pay for it.  I paid a chunk for a gorgeous Cashmere sweater.  If you don't want to pay for it, wait till after the season and if anything is left in our size buy it.  Otherwise pay for polyester. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird. I don't think the two options you offer at the end of your post are the only two options.

FYI I'm not interested in acquiring another Irish sweater since I already own many. However, my thread was to comment that the prices on Q for the same merchandise I've seen many times and that are supposed to be a deal today, have increased significantly.
Honored Contributor

Just today, one of the merino wool vendors said that the price of wool has increased quite a bit.

So, even if an item is older (not a new style, etc.), the price is higher.  Same as with gold.  Whether a ring has been in the warehouse for a year or two, the price of that gold ring will be the 'new', higher price.  

Well, just the way I'm thinking, right or wrong, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Just today, one of the merino wool vendors said that the price of wool has increased quite a bit.

So, even if an item is older (not a new style, etc.), the price is higher.  Same as with gold.  Whether a ring has been in the warehouse for a year or two, the price of that gold ring will be the 'new', higher price.  

Well, just the way I'm thinking, right or wrong, of course.

Just about all Natural Fibers are much higher, even at QVC.  Leather has gone through the roof.  Prices are going up.  Even without the pandemic....What I used to see for Cashmere, & other wool sweaters in the $250.00 range (good department stores) I see  now average about $400.00.  Good leather boots from Italy & Spain average $300.00 up to $1,000.00.

Gold/diamond jewelry always goes up in price (new)  Once you walk out of the jewelry stores, it loses value.  Like a car! It's resold for a lower price & the wholesaler resell to jewelry stores for a profit.  Estate jewelry is still lower then new jewelry though.