Trusted Contributor

The Irish Models and Ashford Castle

I really enjoyed watching all of the models today who were modeling the Irish sweaters at the Ashford Castle.  I thought they did such a wonderful job.  They were stunning.  And they could not have picked a more beautiful setting with the ocean and the castle.  

Respected Contributor

Re: The Irish Models and Ashford Castle

How about those Irish Wolfhounds? Went so well with the stately model.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes! The wolfhounds, the scenery, the castle. The model was striking. I wish they spent more time touring the caste. Stephen Walsh did a good join with his facebook mini tours. 

Respected Contributor

A gorgeous hotel in a wonderful location.  I was lucky to visit and stay there a few decades ago.  After seeing the show, I am inspired to return again!

Using Ashford Castle as a base for all the Irish vendors was a great move on QVC's part.

For more photos and information, just visit the Ashford Castle Hotel website.

Honored Contributor

I wish I had seen all this.

Somehow totally forgot it was all on.

Anyway I looked at the castle online. Wouldn't it be fun to stay there? Reiminded me of the Biltmore.

And it does have the advantage of Lough Corrib which is a lake and a very good one for fishing.

I did watch some of the shows-online there was just a very small picture of the vendors in Ireland. On tv it was, the same a smaller split screen.

I also have never heard the word "iconic" so many times from both vendors and host (Ali Carr).

I thought the table runners looked lovely and if I had gotten anything, they would have been it.

It was nice that they had more shows than last year.

I could never wear the heavy sweaters but I did think there were more newer designs this year than ever. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Contributor

I watched mostly for the wolfhounds! I use to have one!

Valued Contributor

I loved the programming from Ireland.  The backdrop was beautiful and really showcased all of the lovely Irish products.  An inspired choice on QVC's part. I was working yesterday and missed some of the programs but I am watching on QVC3 now.  The wolfhounds were gorgeous!! 

Trusted Contributor

It was one of the better Irish shows the Q has had in recent years.  The hotel is magnificent as is the beautiful country of Ireland.  I had planned to travel there last year, but those plans had to be put on hold.  

Honored Contributor

@chessylady -

was there a certain item/video that showed the wolfhounds?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay They were showing video clips on certain Irish sweaters that the model was wearing while walking the dogs.