Honored Contributor

Re: The Importance of Tailoring

@lolakimono   You are not whistling Dixie, that seamstress did a great job.  May God Bless her and husband through this difficult journey Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

She sure did work her magic & threw in some voodoo too.  I liked the jacket before & after.  Nice find.

****Now tell me where did you get those fly ankle boots w/the golden tigers????***

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@lolakimono 

She sure did work her magic & threw in some voodoo too.  I liked the jacket before & after.  Nice find.

****Now tell me where did you get those fly ankle boots w/the golden tigers????***

@Mz iMac 

Why thank you! Heart

You might have heard that I am a cat person... Cat Tongue

They are from Aquazzura- Brooklyn Leopard Print Jacquard Block Heel Booties.  I first saw them at Saks, but they were too rich for my blood, and then this summer I saw them drastically reduced at Yoox.com. It appears that there are some on eBay or Poshmark.  I put the full name of the boot because sometimes when you search Google for images, you can get a similar option that is available in retail. 

Image result for aquazzura-brooklyn-leopard-print-jacquard-block-heel-booties

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

Thanks for the shoutout! You are a brave soul to take a brand new (and not inexpensive) jacket and trust that alterations will turn out exactly as you expected. You are fortunate to have a trusted and skilled tailor. (I am sorry for her husband's diagnosis. My mom succumbed to brain cancer and while it ravaged her body quickly it was devastating to watch her demise.)

What I find most striking in the transformation is shortening the sleeves. I need to take a good hard look in the mirror whenever I think I can adjust the sleeves on something by rolling them up. I don't think my arms are short. In fact, when I compare my proportions to yours, I think they are longish. But I can't stand fabric to hang beyond my wrists, so I often push up or roll up sleeves.

Your jacket is now stunning. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Now can we talk about your leather jacket and both pairs of boots? 😍

Honored Contributor

Beautiful jacket - well worth the expense of the tailoring.  

Honored Contributor

Really a big difference @lolakimono ! Your photos proved that sometimes having a garment tailored is well worth it.

Wear your new jacket in good health....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She did an incredible job! The difference through the shoulders is amazing! At first sight, I didn't care for it's boxy look. Now? It's awesome!! 

ETA: Keeping your tailor and her husband in my thoughts. Hopefully, his cancer was caught in the early stages and the prognosis may be good. One of my BFF's husband has been living with brain cancer for almost seven years. She was a minister, but gave it up a couple of years ago to be at home with him. So far, they are doing well on their acreage and don't plan to move. He loves to work outside and continues to do so with his dog beside him. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I usually love the items you pick and I do love the material, print and embellishment.  But, I don't think the tailoring helped much.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono Cute jacket-  You must have a very talented tailor - lots of detail on that jacket and it looks great on you, did a nice job. I"m a fool for making sure things fit properly. Can make or break any outfit  

That's the second Free People piece I've seen this week that I like.  I've seen some in the past and just thought maybe too young for me but this past week - not so much!

Enjoy and wear in good health!

Regular Contributor

The jacket looks stunning on you. I love the alterations. I wish I new someone who could alter for me. I learned how to hem jeans with the original hem myself.