Honored Contributor

Re: The Great Seasonal Closet Switch

I love the switch up of clothes for the seasons. I did that a couple of weeks ago and found so many things in very good condition, but I just have changed in my style of what to wear to work. Gathered together a whole bunch of things to give away and gave them to my gardener for his wife and daughter or to give away, or if they wait long enough there may be yard sales again! ha!

Esteemed Contributor

Normally, I would have it done by now but we've had a pretty cool spring and I'm still wearing some of my sweaters and tops that are more geared toward the colder months.  Heck, we may even have rain mixed with snow this weekend.  Smiley Sad

I tend to purge a 3 or 4 times a year so it's not normally something I do when switching out colder and warmer clothes.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Frequent Contributor

I see where many are cleaning out closets and donating to goodwill type stores.  It would be good to find out if they are open in your area now.  

Honored Contributor

Not an issue for me, our apt building staff takes care of it. In suburban areas, I’ve seen donation bins outside the stores.
Regular Contributor

I, too, cleaned/reorganized my closet (looking for things to do during my quarantine). Took the sweaters and put those in plastic bags and stored those in the back, took the tops I wear the most during the summer and moved them up to the front, and then bagged handbags and clothes that had seen better days. Yesterday, drove to Goodwill and donated 3 bags worth of goodies. And yes, Goodwill is now open again (here in AZ) and are happily accepting donations. Now my closet looks refreshed and I can see what I am looking for so much easier.