Honored Contributor

Re: The Girlfriend Chino: Yay or Nay?

I like chinos and wear them but these should be called boyfriend chinos since they have extra unneeded space in the crotch. No chance of camel toe with them.

Honored Contributor

Yes!  Only I like the waistband to sit an inch or two above my belly-button.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Allegheny wrote:

I guess what goes around comes around.  I vaguely remember wearing these types of pants thirty years ago.  I do like the simplicity, but just don't have the body anymore to wear them.

Anyway....are the belt loops for detailing or are we going to see them actually used for belts?

@Texasmouse wrote:

I like them but what makes them "girlfriend"?

@Allegheny Chinos have never left fashion. Every year you can find them.  While some stores stick to classic colors of tan, black, navy, stores such as J Crew and The Gap always offer them in multiple fashion colors.  It's one style we borrowed from the fellas which I like a lot!

@Texasmouse Girlfriend is a pants cut same as skinny, flare, and bell-bottom.    Girlfriend is not as baggy as boyfriend cuts, and not tight like skinny.  It's a basic slim straight leg from hip to hem.  To my eyes it's a straight leg pant which looks good on a number of figures and heights.