Regular Contributor

If you missed out or want more colors, just noticed that there a few more available. A301085. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The GORJUS "Martha" Ruana

I am 5 feet tall and this would overwhelm me

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Nice that these are becoming popular again!  I made my first one - in gray - in 1984, and I'm still wearing it (and a few others).

Honored Contributor

@Have6cats wrote:

If you missed out or want more colors, just noticed that there a few more available. A301085. 

@Have6cats  What colors do you have?  Are they too streatchy or see through?  I'm not about 5'4"--would it be too long for me?  Long length wise like hang down too far you think?

Inquiring minds want to know!  There are no reviews yet.

Regular Contributor

Sooner..

I received the Peach Whip, yesterday.

If you like wraps or Ruanas, it is TDF.

What a color!!  A soft, muted peachy pink...so classy.

The fabric is plush and screams Cashmere. It is very well made and looks extremely lux. Looks like it cost 10X the $49.00 paid. 

It sold out in minutes when originally presented. Many of the reviewers were hoping for an opportunity to buy additional colors for themselves and to buy more for gifts. Unfortunately, it has been listed as "Sorry" since the sell-out.

I just happened to check the reviews this morning...surprise...there are now some available. I wear lots of jeans, so I ordered the Navy.

I'm 5'6", 125 lbs. and it is not too long or too much for my size. Hits about 5-6 inches below the butt. 

At 5'4", you should be fine. If you like Ruanas, this one is a must-have.

HTH 

Regular Contributor

Forgot to add...

It is the perfect weight..Not too heavy and the right weight to maintain it's shape and drape. The Peach Whip is totally opaque. 

Regular Contributor

I agree that this ruana is great.  The fabric is very refined and not bulky at all.  I got the light grey in the plus size to make sure it isn't too skimpy for my XL (16-18)  body to completly wrap around as shown by the models on the presentation.  There is lots of fabric but that works for me.  It is lovely and has a rich look about it.   My plan is to use it  even in the much colder weather to run from the car to the store or other indoor place as going to malls with a jacket on doesn't work for me...I just get too hot!  I recommend this item if more become available.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up! I love Ruanas and saw this on the Q website a week or so ago - thought it looked great, but there were no reviews at that time. I just ordered one in the Peach Whip - can't wait to get. Again, thanks!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Have6cats wrote:

@Have6cats  What colors do you have?  Are they too streatchy or see through?  I'm not about 5'4"--would it be too long for me?  Long length wise like hang down too far you think?

Inquiring minds want to know!  There are no reviews yet.

@Sooner, @Have6cats, @jannabelle1  -  I agree with all the positive reviews here.  I bought all the colors (some for gifts, but I'm keeping the black).  I left a review today, but doubt it's posted yet. 

The ruanas are beautiful!  They're substantial, not a thin weight at all, it's a very fine gauge knit and very soft.  The colors are all nice, the black and navy are saturated and you can tell it's navy blue, the heathered oatmeal and grey are great classics, and the peach whip is a pinkish peach.  I bought the Missy size (I'm a 6/8 and 5'4") and there is ample fabric, but it's not overwhelming, I like to wear it tossed around my shoulders.  I've been hunting for a black ruana for a while, but this is what I've been looking for.  The quality is very, very nice and price is great!  I'm really impressed with her things so far.  Hope you get one, I think you'll like it!