Honored Contributor

The GILI TSV wide leg pants (with slit)

Haven't seen any threads from people who received them, so I thought I'd chime in and say they are keepers.  Nice fabric, good fit and good construction.  I bought the black.  I have a coral peasant-like top that I will wear with them.

Honored Contributor

Re: The GILI TSV wide leg pants (with slit)

@faeriemoon I was thinking about getting these for vacation.  They look really nice.

When you walk, does the fabric "flap" around?  LOL

Honored Contributor

I purchased the red floral -- I love them!  They are trim/flat from the waist down past the hips, so they don't add any bulk to your appearance.  Walking is a breeze, as they don't flop around, just give a soft swipe feel on the leg.  The material is soft yet substantial enough not to show any lumps or bumps.  Very happy with mine. 

Honored Contributor

@Bri369  I haven't officially worn them yet; just did the try-on, walk around the house to see if they are comfortable thing. 

I would say yes to swishing, but no to flapping.  But not in a way that bothered me.  You had to mention the swish/flap factor for me to have realized that someone might find it irritating.  Does that make sense?

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Bri369  I haven't officially worn them yet; just did the try-on, walk around the house to see if they are comfortable thing. 

I would say yes to swishing, but no to flapping.  But not in a way that bothered me.  You had to mention the swish/flap factor for me to have realized that someone might find it irritating.  Does that make sense?

It makes sense. 

I wasn't so much thinking other people would notice though.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I purchased the blue and the red in petite.  The length was perfect.  Also I sewed my slits closed partway down as I didn't want that swishing around the legs. 

This is my first G.I.L.I. purchased and I am pleased.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought all florals except the black and white. I also bought the solid black. They are super cute. I'm very tall and I could wear a heel, but I wore flats. Jill needs to make them in talls so everyone is represented. I also ordered the scoop neck GiLI tank in white and black to wear with the pants.  Very nice material and fit. I lastly bought the navy drap neck shirt.  It is so cute with the red floral pants (my fav). I love the slit and flow of the pant. They are super comfy. You can dress them up or down. They are definitely keepers!

Trusted Contributor

I'm in the exchange process.  I got the black floral.  I do like the pant but they were big so I sent for a size smaller.  

Like another poster, I'll probably sew the leg a bit so they don't swing quite so much, they are very wide at the bottom. 

Otherwise, I do like the look and the pant.