Honored Contributor

Re: The Flouncy Peplum and gathered Drape Tops

I just don't like all that extra fabric flopping and flapping around me. Bothers me, even if the garment itself looks good on me, standing still, in front of the mirror.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

When someone begins with "I don't want to offend" you know she's about to offend/trash/bash and insult a whole lot of people.  We get it, you are "in good shape" and you think anyone who is larger than you isn't and they should wear dull, ugly fat woman clothes.  You aren't breaking any new ground with your post.  Get over yourself.  It's 2018 and women of all sizes are free to wear whatever they want, whenever they want to wear without regard for what anyone else thinks.  

Respected Contributor

I'm plus size, 3X. I wear what I like and what I think is flattering on me. I like sharkbite hems & ruffles, but ruffles can't be overpowering. Same with prints. All body types and all ages can look great in many types of clothes. It would be boring if everyone just stuck to one type of fashion. 

Honored Contributor

It does not offend me.  You could never offend me because I know that the peplum is real classic style.  The peplum was around in Greco-Roman times, the Renaissance.  My mother made her mother-of-the-bride suit with a peplum top from a Vogue pattern. 

She and my grandmother owned a store that major sales were fabric.  The top was peplum, a skirt straight.  She ordered the fabric, probably a moire with a silk organza overlay.  Beautiful suit, beautiful mom.   My daughter was born with her sense of style and savoir faire.  I don't have it.  I don't know where to talk and when to stop.

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

When someone begins with "I don't want to offend" you know she's about to offend/trash/bash and insult a whole lot of people.  We get it, you are "in good shape" and you think anyone who is larger than you isn't and they should wear dull, ugly fat woman clothes.  You aren't breaking any new ground with your post.  Get over yourself.  It's 2018 and women of all sizes are free to wear whatever they want, whenever they want to wear without regard for what anyone else thinks.  

NOWHERE in her post did she imply what you stated.

Contributor

Wow Chrystaltree...that was mean.  I am in good shape, but I am by no means thin. I must have hit a nerve with you. I think your post was mean spirited and hateful. I just needed some answers to why those styles are being pushed when even the skinney models don't look good. Obviously I am in the minority with my feelings on this style. I see most like it.