Respected Contributor

Re: The FABULOUS Pebble Crepe Tunic Returns!

Does this tunic work for talls? I'm 5'9"" and I see a few Linea ladies saying it doesn't work for them and I'm wondering if it's a length issue.

Respected Contributor

I guess I'll take a chance and order my usual size. With these many excellent reviews and a reorder, it must work for most of us. Right, ladies?{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Now I have to decide whether to order multiple colors, or just one and risk not being able to get more if I love it.

Does anyone know if the olive is a match for the tarragon skirt?

Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2014 GraceCO said:

Does this tunic work for talls? I'm 5'9"" and I see a few Linea ladies saying it doesn't work for them and I'm wondering if it's a length issue.

GraceCO - I am the same height as you are - and I have every colour - and will be ordering the new Olive - and an extra Black (that's how much I love this Tunic)! The length of the Tunic hits at the hip bone - it looks great with the BOHO Skirts - and with both wide leg and straight/skinny leg Pants/Jeans and Crop Pants. Very versatile.

Respected Contributor

Seka thank you!! I appreciate your confirming the length and I feel better ordering more colors now. The fabric sounds wonderful and I can see this becoming part of a warm weather uniform, along with a long skirt. I just wish Louis would make the BOHO skirt in a longer length--I like my skirts long (like the knit one he just introduced--love that) and the BOHO falls too high on the leg for my liking. I'm off to place my orderSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

On 1/11/2014 morganjen said:

Thanks for the suggestions. But on the garment measurements, how many extra inches are you to allow in the bust 2" 3"? Sounds like I need to look for a 37" bust measurement in the garment measurements. Or is that even enough?

When a fabric has no stretch - I'd be thinking about a good 3 inch ease. Some experts - and people have cited them in the blogs - recommend as much as 4 inches ease - on a no-stretch garment. That could be too much for you. 2 to 3 inches should be safe. You want to be able to move your arms comfortably forward without pulling on the back and shoulders as well as stand up straight (chest out) with no pulling.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/12/2014 GraceCO said:

Does this tunic work for talls? I'm 5'9" and I see a few Linea ladies saying it doesn't work for them and I'm wondering if it's a length issue.

I'm 5'8" and have trouble with tops being long enough. This one is. I wouldn't call it a tunic, though, at least not on me. I waited forever before buying this because it just looked like nothing special. I bought the navy and the chili pepper and have worn them a ton. I love this top! I'll be getting the black and maybe the olive. I have the LDO brushed cotton jacket with the domed gunmetal buttons in olive and love the color of it--and everything else about it as well. I'm hoping this top is the same olive. It looks different in the photos.

Trusted Contributor

This does work back to the olive of the brushed cotton jacket. The pebble crepe fabric is more reflective and so appears ""brighter"" in photos.

Valued Contributor

I've been wondering if this olive top would work with last year's IKAT print skirt - the one with all the olive in it. I'll know soon since it is on it's way.