Respected Contributor

Re: The Ever Dreaded Coverage

I LIKE coverage for modesty and sun avoidance reasons. It is just personal taste. I checked out a health club and the first ? I asked was whether they allow swim long tees and leggings! So, be prepared for that trend, OP, because the Muslims have pushed for that and I love it.

Respected Contributor

Ah,Grace K. Your OP was humorous and I thought you made your point well.Then you had to keep posting and throw out the remark about perpetuating a mindset that is killing people daily...unhealthy bodies. Really,LOTS of things are killing people every day that have nothing to do with weight. I see your point and it does seem the new Buzzword on QVC is "coverage". But you took it down low to jab at people. Suddenly your post wasn't clever or about fashion.
Esteemed Contributor

Some women have major bunions or just plain old ugly looking feet so they want a shoe or sandal that doesn't expose that part of their foot so they want a sandal but not something that is so bare that their side of their foot or their toes are showing -- I can understand that.

I don't have bunions but I do have a wide forefoot and baby toes that angle in a bit so I don't do a sandal with a very narrow strap in the front as it can be uncomfortable as it can cut into the top of my foot.

Valued Contributor

Thank goodness I have attractive feet so I don't have to try and get ""coverage"" when purchasing sandals. Best of luck to those of you that need to find sandals with coverage.

Come on Summer I am ready for my flip flops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I always wondered about "foot coverage", too. But, I think Q must mean "for business wear". Every place I have ever worked has had clothing requirements, and that included the type of shoes that were acceptable.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

If you want to show any skin, then QVC is not the place to shop. I can't give an opinion about Evine, as I only shop there for Skinn products.

I found the OP funny, and on point. But you have to remember the target audience. I saw a description once for a "scoop neck" t shirt and the scoop was about a half inch. Seriously. When there are sleeveless tanks or dresses offered, there is always the suggestion of a jacket or sweater, because "no one likes their arms". And yet every week there are shows on fitness. Go figure. And now shoes are shown with coverage, even though QVC sells all the products for pedicures. I do realize that some foot problems require professional help, and obviously you need professional footwear for work. But sandals are sandals. Where are the cute ones?

There should be choices for everyone, and it seems more and more as if QVC is not willing to offer any clothing lines or styles that are a little less conservative than the ones they currently have. (Or perhaps QVC should allow the designers a little more freedom in what they bring.)

Honored Contributor

lolol... Just caught the phrase about coverage - and here it is again - on Evine. Must be pushing that this month.

I really don't care what buzz words they use. I can see fine. As long as they show how something is made I am fine with whatever they want to say.

Contributor

On 3/13/2015 blueroses47 said:

GraceK,

Your post made me laugh, but I have to agree with the others, you do sound kind of cranky. Still, I liked your post...anything that starts the day off with a chuckle is good with me.

I like as much coverage as possible, so I'm one of those people you would be irritated with.

But, I'm telling you, as time passes there are more and more things I like covered, and just a couple of years ago, I realized my feet are now among those things.

My feet have been looking like old peoples' feet, and I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise because I will soon be 68.

I like certain things covered, not so much so that others don't see, but that I myself don't have to see everything that's happening to my body and I can pretend I'm the young person I am inside.

I don't know how old you are, but either you still have time to empathize with those of us who have coverage issues, or you just have a really good attitude about baring it all.

BlueRoses47......my exact thoughts.