Honored Contributor

Re: The Duchess Wears Yellow

I like the dress but don't love that shade of yellow.  If I were wearing it, I'd wear it shorter, but that may not be an option for her.

Honored Contributor

I read that she might be at Wimbledon today to watch Serena's match, it's about to start.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Beccaboone2 wrote:

She looks lovely!  Regardless of what she wears, she will be criticized. She is a human being with her own taste.  She is properly covered.  I'd love to see what some of you who are overly critical of her would select - I'm sure there are plenty of others who would be overly critical of you, too, with ridiculous pointers on how you could look better if you only did this or that.  Leave her alone!  She is not a model, but a real woman living her life. They are a perfectly darling, sweet couple and they look HAPPY! 

@Beccaboone2, this is the fashion forum and we talk about fashion.  Meghan is now a royal so of course people are going to notice what she is wearing and talk about it, just like Kate. For the record, models are also real women living their lives. 

No one is saying they aren't a darling, sweet couple or that they don't look happy.  This is all about the dress.  Perhaps if these types of threads are going to be too distressing, they should just be skipped over.         

Honored Contributor

Pretty dress, nice color on her.  I have never seen her look bad even in jeans!  It must be nice to have access to all the different designer clothes.  Like a little girl at her birthday party!  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That dress is too plain and needs some sort of adornment, a necklace, scarf, a pin....something.

She's got Harry.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

She has a boyish figure and chooses plain dresses. It is almost as if she doesn't want to draw attention. I wish her luck since in no way was she prepared for this hollow stylized life like the royals who are born to it.

She doesn't look like any boys I know.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I like the dress but don't love that shade of yellow.  If I were wearing it, I'd wear it shorter, but that may not be an option for her.

I do like the yellow, but I was also thinking that I'd like it shorter on her, too.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I do like the yellow, but I was also thinking that I'd like it shorter on her, too.

@QueenDanceALot

You'll have to run it by Lizzie first.

Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Because yellow just isn't my thing, I almost always have a bit of a visceral reaction to it. I think the style of the dress is fine (albeit ill-fitting) and the length most likely meets the Queen's specs. This dress was probably fitted to Meghan's body a while ago. For all we know circumstances beyond our knowledge might be why she appears to have lost weight.😉😉😉

It does look better in other pictures:

meghan%20markle%20yellow%20dress.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

You'll have to run it by Lizzie first.

Woman Wink

Do you think Lizzie would have a problem with the dress being just below her knees?

I wasn't thinking thigh high or even above the knee.