Valued Contributor

Re: The Duchess Wears Yellow

Funny but I had the opposite reaction to her in yellow.....my first thought was ‘oh, she doesn’t look good in it’. To me the whole dress is blah and not a great fit. Harry outshines her in this one :-)
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo, thanks for the clarity on the fabric.  It was very helpful.   Woman LOLWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

I think she looks nice in yellow.  Lately it seems all her dresses are ill fitting.  She appears to be getting thinner with every event.

I wonder if the back slit is as high and open on her as it is on the model. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 Thank you for posting the lovely couple. The only thing I’d change about her dress is the length. 

Honored Contributor

She looks beautiful.  But am I the only one that wants some kind of jewelry with this dress? Perhaps diamond stud earrings? A dainty gold bracelet?  I love jewelry, so I immediately look to see her taste.

Honored Contributor

While I think that Meghan is stunning, I don't know if I like her in yellow......She and I have similar coloring and I myself have to be very careful with yellow, as it can wash me out, because of my skintone...I also would haveliked to have seen her with some jewelry on as well. But they are both so cute!

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper The article I read said she was wearing diamond stud earrings. I don't think they show in the picture. I thought it could use some jewelry too. 

I would guess the slit in the back was modified for her. Don't think it would be considered appropriate by royal standards.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Omg, this is the funniest thread .  Whoever thought there could be so much to say about a woman in a yellow dress....LOL  

Honored Contributor

Oh good grief!  Someone do something about the top of that dress.  That's simply uncalled for. 

Honored Contributor

Umm - those are darts on the dress - not her body. I think she looks pretty as always. She is trying very hard to fit into the royal dress code , and I don't think that really suits her. She doesn't have Kate's very small waist.

I read she is currently under the Queen's tutaledge  to how she is to dress & behave as  a royal. Probably the Queen has to approve her clothes. Hopefully, when she gets out on her own , picking her own designers , she will look nicer in her dresses - younger and more appropriate to her figure.