Respected Contributor

Re: The Duchess Wears Yellow

[ Edited ]

She has a boyish figure and chooses plain dresses. It is almost as if she doesn't want to draw attention. I wish her luck since in no way was she prepared for this hollow stylized life like the royals who are born to it.

Respected Contributor

She looks great.

Honored Contributor

I love that shade of yellow. Meghan looks very nice in it. 

Honored Contributor

That dress is too plain and needs some sort of adornment, a necklace, scarf, a pin....something.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

She looks lovely!  Regardless of what she wears, she will be criticized. She is a human being with her own taste.  She is properly covered.  I'd love to see what some of you who are overly critical of her would select - I'm sure there are plenty of others who would be overly critical of you, too, with ridiculous pointers on how you could look better if you only did this or that.  Leave her alone!  She is not a model, but a real woman living her life. They are a perfectly darling, sweet couple and they look HAPPY! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

She could always put on a denim jacket.LOL

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@Beccaboone2 wrote:

She looks lovely!  Regardless of what she wears, she will be criticized. She is a human being with her own taste.  She is properly covered.  I'd love to see what some of you who are overly critical of her would select - I'm sure there are plenty of others who would be overly critical of you, too, with ridiculous pointers on how you could look better if you only did this or that.  Leave her alone!  She is not a model, but a real woman living her life. They are a perfectly darling, sweet couple and they look HAPPY! 

Part of her job as a celebrity, actor or royal is to be seen and talked about.  That's a requirement of the job.  Without it, she's nobody.  It's all about the image and the buzz.  It's in the contract. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

I think she needs to change her undergarments.  I noticed that with her wedding dress, too.   I also wonder why you never see wrinkles in the Queen’s or Kate’s garments?  Her hair is looking better, however.  

@GSPgirl

Is that what it is? The undergarments? I was going to say for $500.00 + I'd expect it not to wrinkle so easily but I hadn't thought about preventative measures.

Would a slip really make a difference?

@Andreatoo The slip is a wonderful undergarment which can make all the difference in a dress.  The dress having a lining is not the same as wearing a slip when it comes to the dress having something to "slip" over and not wrinkle so much or stick to the  skin as the wearer goes about their day.  

Honored Contributor

@Beccaboone2 wrote:

@Beccaboone2. She'd have reason to worry if the public stopped talking about her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

If the crepe dress material is double faced, it probably isn't lined. Given the hot weather in England, that would make sense. I think the dress is showing wrinkles in the waist area as the dress is too long waisted on Meghan. Better tailoring or a dress made to measure would probably look better. Yellow is a good color on her though.