Respected Contributor

Re: The Dress From Working Girl

Melanie Griffith is not as tall as Sigourney Weaver but pretty tall.  Melanie is 5'9" and Sigourney about 5'11" or 6'.  They must have had Melanie in flats for the first scene where she meets Sigourney for the first time.  Harrison Ford is 6'1".  

Esteemed Contributor

@bakergirl

I'm not here to insult anybody and I'm sorry if my comments bothered you directly. The movie "Working Girl" is an exaggeration of the differences in the class structure that Melanie Griffith's character and Sigourney Weaver's character represented.

The beginning of the movie shows Melanie's character wanting more out of life than just to be in the typing pool and hanging out at bars with her friends at night. How the movie showed the differences in their class structure was through their hair, makeup, and clothes. Those things said a lot without speaking directly to the audience.

Valued Contributor

HAHAHAHA....one of my favorite lines from a movie.  And she was the dorky principal in "School of Rock."

@CatsyCline wrote:

Six Thousand!   SixThousand Dollars!! IT"S NOT EVEN LEATHER!!

Image result for joan cusack working girl

Valued Contributor

The off-the-shoulder look was really big stuff when this movie came out.....not so much now. They were not very comfortable. I tried some on back then. 

Your new dress is beautiful. Enjoy it!!!!

Honored Contributor

At 60% off clearance now, it's down to $34.99 (in the non-plus sizes).