Honored Contributor

I have ordered some clothing here and noticed when the item comes it has that specific "return" label on it. Recently I got DD a bag for Christmas. It was sort of new, but it was also a return - and the first day she carried it, it broke.

Usually returns don't bother me. I hope that someone has tried it on, and it didn't fit or the color wasn't right. She carefully put it back in the package and returned it. That's what I do. I inspect the item, try it on, and if it fits I wash it. Luckily I've never had any that smelled weird or like smoke.

When I called about exchanging this bag and asking what I could do to get a NEW one that hadn't been used, the sweet CS rep told me that they were not supposed to send out returns without advertising them "as is." REALLY??? Am I the only one who gets returns like this? It would be great if QVC really honored that commitment!

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Dreaded ""Returned""

I have never received a ""return"" label

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

I don't buy "as is" items. I've heard people on this board say that they have received returned goods but in my over 20 years of Qvc shopping, that has never happened to me or to anyone I know. And almost every woman I know well is a Qvc shopper. I suppose it could happen by mistake but if it did, I certainly wouldn't keep the item, even if it looked perfect.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what a ""return label "" is. I did return a top today and used the return portion of the invoice. But I've seen it on a bag sent to me.

Frequent Contributor

I have better luck with as is items than brand new items.I have bought Many as is items that were Brand new!Sadly I can't say the same about the new items.

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 traveler said:

I'm not sure what a "return label " is. I did return a top today and used the return portion of the invoice. But I've seen it on a bag sent to me.

The return(ed) label I'm talking about is this: when you receive a brand new item the label inside on the clear plastic bag (not the outside shipping bag) has the color, size, item number, and bar code on it printed in black ink. When I've received an item for the first time that someone has returned, the label is larger and the printing is a little more greyish colored. I can tell the difference. At least I thought I could! Now I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe I'm the only one who's experienced this!

The bag I was talking about that I bought DD was originally a GILI TSV. It broke the first time she carried it, and of course the color I bought her sold out completely. After Christmas I saw they were back in stock, so I ordered her another one. When it came it had that "returned-looking" greyish label. So I told her to check it over and make sure it was OK. She did and was thrilled she finally got another one. The first day she carried it, it broke again - the pins came out of the handle.