Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Digest: Your Weekly Fashion Update

[ Edited ]

Fun photos and fun to look at, but I'm afraid I'm a much more "boring" dresser than this. I really like and can appreciate many of these looks/styles, but sitting around the house all day, you will mostly find me in sweats, pj's, or jeans.  Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

That green dress um no for me. Love the white maxi dress. I would truly never buy anything here I am usually in leggings and tunics. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@lolakimono  I remember when we packed for vaca's heading for the island of Barbados many years ago. It WAS great fun! You'd have thought we were  - okay like I was moving there though I took so much with me.

Love that black & white bag in the 2nd photo!

Agree @PINKdogWOOD.  Great bag.  Not sure about the bathing suit and especially the $$!

I love that bag too but that price! I also like the red and cream bag and the crocheted dress.

Honored Contributor

Nothing here I particularly like. I do need to buy a swimsuit and maybe a few other things for a beach trip in April. Will probably wait until March to shop for those items. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I do like that first white dress; that's wearable for any woman, the V is deep so I'd need a camisole or Skinny Tank under it.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@lolakimono  I remember when we packed for vaca's heading for the island of Barbados many years ago. It WAS great fun! You'd have thought we were  - okay like I was moving there though I took so much with me.

Love that black & white bag in the 2nd photo!

Yes!  I remember when we'd go on vacation and we'd take so many clothes.  Day outfits, beach outfits, dinner outfits and of course a pair of shoes to go with each outfit.  It's like we were never coming back...lol

Esteemed Contributor

I'm ogling this dress from The J Peterman Company! Woman Happy

However, there are only two sizes left...4 and 20....I need an 8 or 10...I'm a little late to the party! Woman Frustrated

Long-Sleeve 1947 Dress

Long-Sleeve 1947 Dress 

$169$149

The most flattering dress of the 20th century.

Full, sweeping skirt and shaped bodice, for artful emphasis on legs, hips, waist and bust.

Rita wore it. Coeds and secretaries wore it. Your mother wore it. Women looked wonderful in it. Still do. And always will.

Unless the female form undergoes some kind of radical transformation.

Long-Sleeve 1947 Dress (No. 1732). Deliverance from the boxy, skimpy cut of WWII utility fashions. Pure cotton flannel with the same swinging sweep and sash ties as the short-sleeved version. Mid-calf length. Same V-neck bodice, darts at bust and waist. Same notched collar to stand up pertly, if you wish.

This one definitely belongs in your closet too.Imported.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove

BR Factory Store has this one-

product photo

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove

Also in your size at Brooks Brothers, $88.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Could these models look more unhappy?!