Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Dennis Basso and Jill Martin Show

Both Jills looked foolish carrying those empty flat handbags.  And is it necessary for Jill #1 (host) to scream - fake laughing - and babble constantly?  (it isn't and she's not generating interest by shouting)

answered by own question

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I watched it but I agree that there was too much time spent on too few products.That makes the cost of each item higher than it could have been.

my gripe with the Q is they spend too much time on every item,

I would like to see more things presented in each hour. not 6 or 5,  don't they want to sell more stuff?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have watched at least 3 of these shows -- Dennis paired with Jill Martin and this time I was pleasantly surprised that Dennis toned it down and did not hog all the conversations. Jill Bauer also took the reins as the host and kept the show moving along. Jill Martin smartly showed all the item colors together so people could get a good look at them. 

I also appreciate that Jill Bauer discussed fit on the outerwear jacket and said that the garment measurement should be 2 to 4 inches bigger than the body bust measurement or the garment will fit too tightly.

Maybe QVC is taking to heart the comments from the viewers and customers since nobody wants to buy something that does not fit and then pay return shipping and lose the original shipping costs.

Honored Contributor

The fact that Jill Martin's bra wasn't doing its job I found to be a real distraction and a surprise considering she's usually so impeccable dressed.

I can relate to Jill so it's something I worry about for myself and perhaps why it stood out to me. 

Otherwise the show was a little bit too slow moving, not enough product

Honored Contributor

I can't stand Jill Martin.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

I think a different host was needed for the show. Jill Bauer is lovely but not very fashionable. So the show was flat and uninteresting and that is hard to do with Dennis Basso. 

Valued Contributor

the thought of those 2 together....ugh!  would never watch, even if they were giving things away