Honored Contributor

Re: The Countess Collection - Luann/ New York Housewives

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I have no idea how this Italian elitism works but why does she get to keep the title? And if he marries the woman he left LuAnn for is she 'countess' too? Do they just keep piling on? 'You're a countess! And you're a countess! Everyones a countess!'

It's my understanding that her title is a courtesy title that she is allowed to keep until she would remarry.  She can call herself Countess Luann De Lesseps but can't call herself The Countess de lesseps or something or other.

I remember reading that when Duchess Sarah Ferguson and Princess Diana each got a divorce, they were allowed to keep their title but were not allowed to be called her royal highness. That was a term in their divorce decree.    

That is some ridiculously pretentious stuff! (insert expletive here)

Me thinks LuAnn will hang on to that title for all she's worth (sure I love you but I want to be countess more!)....and a title is the ONLY thing that awful Sarah Ferguson has going for her...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

I have no idea how this Italian elitism works but why does she get to keep the title? And if he marries the woman he left LuAnn for is she 'countess' too? Do they just keep piling on? 'You're a countess! And you're a countess! Everyones a countess!'

In this particular case, I believe it's French elitism. 

Isn't LuAnn's ex Italian?

Just looked it up; you're right...Why did I think he was Italian??

Occasional Contributor

I agree! I also have switched primarily to Evine. #1 Made in USA products. #2 THE PRICES! Much more in line with the real world - not the elitist world! QVC mark ups are huge. Their "sales" are a joke. Most "sale" prices are $5 or $10 off--big whoop!

The Countess Collection is on Evine and so I another Housewife Husband products: Consult Beaute' skin care products by Dr. Terry Dubrow. Outstanding reviews on them.

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

If she marries again I imagine she won't be a countess anymore.  I  believe that's going to devastate her.  She thrives on having that title.

I still think she looks (and sounds) like a drag queen.

LOL

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

It's my understanding that her title is a courtesy title that she is allowed to keep until she would remarry.  She can call herself Countess Luann De Lesseps but can't call herself The Countess de lesseps or something or other.

I remember reading that when Duchess Sarah Ferguson and Princess Diana each got a divorce, they were allowed to keep their title but were not allowed to be called her royal highness. That was a term in their divorce decree.    

That is some ridiculously pretentious stuff! (insert expletive here)

Me thinks LuAnn will hang on to that title for all she's worth (sure I love you but I want to be countess more!)....and a title is the ONLY thing that awful Sarah Ferguson has going for her...

Supposedly Luann is engaged but we'll see if the wedding ever takes place.

Honored Contributor

I doubt she ever marries.  First of all, this relationship seems odd...they hooked up super quickly and almost immediately were engaged. 

I also doubt she wants to give up that title as that's her "claim to fame".  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"