Honored Contributor

Re: The Cost of A Simple Tank

Chico's sold their nice tanks for $19-29 for years in a plethora of colors and they have held up so well that I still have them all but the white ones which got dingy.  I actually wore them under clothing that needed something underneath so it did not matter if they were a bit grayed.  But deciding I need to quit holding on to the past, I ditched them.

I got some very pretty ones at Dillard's last year, several colors, brand name SAKI.  A faux silk charmeuse.  They have held up and wash well.  They were about $20 each.

Honored Contributor

@NonametodaySome years back, I bought the marjority of my everyday clothing from Chico's.  And then, I found that their prices went up and the quality crashed.  The last few items I bought at Chico's went to thrift  very quickly and I haven't bought clothing from them for about 5 years now.

During my recent closet cleaning attack, I found a few items from the "old" Chico's that fit well and they are just so much better quality than they're selling now that I'm pleased I never got rid of them. 

Respected Contributor

I have so many simple tanks, if I spent $50 for each one in there, I would surely be broke! Ridiculous $ for a simple tank, by whatever company or designer - it’s a tank!

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed how expensive the tanks are now on the Q and I pass them by. I don't wear them all the time, but when I do wear them under a jacket or sweater, I don't want a thin knit that loses its shape after a few times in the wash. I bought some SG tanks years ago for less than $20 and am still wearing them (liquid knit) because they held their shape and color. I don't mind paying $20 to $25 for a tank in the fabric I like, but I'll never pay $50.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  Comic relief -  now that's comical!!!!  I'm chuckling!

Honored Contributor

I purchase my tanks, which I wear under something in the summer, at LLBean. They are inexpensive and better quality than anything I tried from QVC..

Honored Contributor

I don't pay $50 for a tank or a tee. It's (imo) ridiculous.
If others choose to do so, that's fine too.
Tees and tanks are what I wear during summer while working in the yard, so they get dirty, sometimes torn or ripped, depending what work I happen to be doing outdoors.
I do have several nicer ones that I wear with a blazer/jacket over for social/business apptmts., but I still don't pay that amount for them, probably less than $30.
"To each their own, in all things".