Honored Contributor

Re: The Color Periwinkle

[ Edited ]

It has color changing properties..........

Somewhat similar to Chartreuse.  It sometimes look yellow-green.  Other times it looks green-yellow.

Similar to the liqueur Green Chartreuse and Yellow Chartreuse.

Depending on what it's worn with, Periwinkle has those color-changing qualities.  I can't describe what I see.  Sometimes blue, sometimes somewhat lilac?

I love the color of periwinkle, but don't have any items in that color. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Love the color and have a sheet set that's periwinkle.  I also enjoy it in decor.

Honored Contributor

It's not so different from cornflower 

9B58C01C-F4DB-401C-8C85-75A09507AD06.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Re: The Color Periwinkle

[ Edited ]

Yes, periwinkle is a universal color that everyone can wear and look good wearing it.  Teal is another shade most anyone can wear and both colors are considered "bridemaid's" colors that work well in bridal party pictures.

Though to me in both those colors they are very dependent on the hue for how each person can wear it best.  So some look better in lighter hues while others look better in deeper hues but the color remains the same.  

Esteemed Contributor

My closet is filled with periwinkle -- one of my favorites!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I own a top exactly like no. 2 photo.  The same neckline and sleeves & color.  It's over 15 years old but still in good condition.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I love that shade of blue in the summer and have many tops and blouses that I wear with white jeans or white slacks.

Trusted Contributor

Since going gray 5 years ago, this is one of my favorite colors to wear. I own multiple tops, both long and short-sleeved, a sun hat from Scala, and a handbag in that color. Very nice accent color for gray hair.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a pretty color but just not one I gravitate towards when shopping.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think it's difficult to replicate a true periwinkle color in fashion. When you Google you get many shades, from light blue to lavender and darker shades.

9fe1fcdf-886c-48f2-b011-5c7c3eb3368d.jpeg

shopping.jpeg

PXRUA160_579.jpeg

@Greeneyedlady21 

Love this bag!!!