Honored Contributor

Re: The Colleen Lopez Mystery

@rms1954 wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

Hasn't she been a show host since CVN days? When did she go to design school?

I don't think she did.  It's just like Amy and Courtney.  I don't care for Colleen Lopez and I don't like her clothing style. 

@rms1954 @paixmcdao  Colleen never tried to hide the fact that she doesn't design her clothing.  Her line started because so many people called in asking about her clothing when she was hosting so HSN asked her if she would do a line of tops.

Most of Colleen's items are knock offs of higher-end items she buys.  In the past some of her items were from the exact same manufacturer as the department store/boutique version and some were done in-house.  She just tweaks her clothing items but I've never heard her say she designed anything.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Since she's only going to be selling her own line, I can see why she's no longer considered a host and would not appear on the host page.  She's a vendor now.  At least that's the way I understood it.

also, she no longer has an official HSN host page.

she now has her own page and is listed as a "public figure."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

Hasn't she been a show host since CVN days? When did she go to design school?

I don't think she did.  It's just like Amy and Courtney.  I don't care for Colleen Lopez and I don't like her clothing style. 

@rms1954 @paixmcdao  Colleen never tried to hide the fact that she doesn't design her clothing.  Her line started because so many people called in asking about her clothing when she was hosting so HSN asked her if she would do a line of tops.

Most of Colleen's items are knock offs of higher-end items she buys.  In the past some of her items were from the exact same manufacturer as the department store/boutique version and some were done in-house.  She just tweaks her clothing items but I've never heard her say she designed anything.

Thanks for the explanation. Another poster mentioned that Colleen said that she was leaving "The List" to design her line of clothing. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

What mystery?  She's no longer a host.   If you followed her on Facebook, you'd know.  She's focusing on her own fashion and jewelry lines, which she presents on HSN herself.  She's one of the best show hosts ever but she's a designer and vendor now.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't know what the mystery is surrounding Colleen.  She said she has transitioned into a host/vendor on HSN and will work on her own curated collection of jewelry and her clothing.  She said it was too much for her to continue working as a host plus handling her own lines of merchandise.

Colleen is 62 years old and said after 28 (?) years of working weekends, she doesn't have to do that anymore.  I would think she'd like to start slowing down and spending more time with her grandkids.

I agree with you, Colleen or anyone who works weekends for years why would you keep doing it if you do not have to.  She has a family and she has only been a grandma for a few years so good for her.  I do not see a mystery.  I always wonder why hosts who have worked for years would work weekends.  I know on JTV Misty and Nikki  work almost all weekend, especially Misty.  They do not get commission they have said this so I am not sure why they take up a lot of hours on weekends.  Anyway to each their own but I do not see any mystery.  Colleen is a vendor for her line. I believe she is doing a few jewelry shows.  I am sure she is not listed as a host because she is not going to be presenting vacuums and garden toolsSmiley Happy She has been there done that lol

Respected Contributor

Colleen is hosting a "Dress to the 9's" tonight on HSN2.  Makes me wonder if she is back as a host.

Honored Contributor

She's on tonight with Amy Morrison.

@Kachina624 I have an embroidered leather jacket from her line and it is very nice.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

She's on tonight with Amy Morrison.

@Kachina624 I have an embroidered leather jacket from her line and it is very nice.  

@Icegoddess    Good!  From all reports, that jacket was the best thing she has done.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment