Honored Contributor

Re: The Cambridges Visit No Ireland

[ Edited ]

She is quite the effervescent woman in so many ways, always appearing happily adept at whatever she attempts whether it is archery, mothering, playing ball with the kiddies, skiing or graciously attending royal ceremonial acts.  Nothing appears out of her league.  She always puts her best foot forward, looking beautiful and aware of herself, comfortable in her own skin.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

She is quite the effervescent woman in so many ways, always appearing happily adept at whatever she attempts whether it is archery, mothering, playing ball with the kiddies, skiing or graciously attending royal ceremonial acts.  Nothing appears out of her league.  She always puts her best foot forward, looking beautiful and aware of herself, comfortable in her own skin.

@Nonametoday  Very well put!!

I think the only thing outside her comfort zone is public speaking. I've read more than once that Kate is actually quite shy and doesn't like to be in the limelight. She has been quoted that she finds public speaking "nerve wracking". She has given speeches over the years, but it's the only time I don't think she's completely comfortable. I imagine it would be daunting, especially when you're on the world stage.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

The megan haters always have to spoil a thread, it is her dad,and sister that is bad, not megan!!!

Having a critical opinion of Meghan, her clothes, her family, or whatever IMO does not spoil a thread.  People are allowed to express opinions that don't agree with everyone's.  That's what a chat board is all about.

@Pearlee .  Yes, people can express their opinions of course. But I'm not sure you noticed the title of this thread. It has nothing to do with MM. 

Making the thread about her is taking it off course and rude to the OP.

@proudlyfromNJ  The posters who took this thread off topic were @Sadiesadie in post #5 and @chrystaltree in post #8.  They both brought up Harry and his wife. It was not @Pearley.
Maybe you should direct your comments towards them.
Trusted Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

The megan haters always have to spoil a thread, it is her dad,and sister that is bad, not megan!!!

Having a critical opinion of Meghan, her clothes, her family, or whatever IMO does not spoil a thread.  People are allowed to express opinions that don't agree with everyone's.  That's what a chat board is all about.

@Pearlee .  Yes, people can express their opinions of course. But I'm not sure you noticed the title of this thread. It has nothing to do with MM. 

Making the thread about her is taking it off course and rude to the OP.

@proudlyfromNJ. So true and predictable. 

@50Mickey  See my comment to @proudlyfromNJ .  Same comment to you.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Speaking to his father Alan, Kate said: 'He's a very sweet little boy... He's so diddy. Makes me very broody.'

What does that mean?  Was able to find broody (and it’s what I assumed - although has another definition that hilariously fits as well!!) But don’t see a definition for “diddy”. Or one that fits at least. Makes me even wonder if the quote is correct.

Honored Contributor

I love that she wore that caped coat, it's a fashion departure from her usual style and the color is beautiful. So is that green amethyst jewelry. I love green amethyst but I dont own any.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Super Contributor

Diddy means little...wee.

Respected Contributor

@lmt wrote:

Earlier on Thursday they paid a visit to Hillsborough Castle where they met with local police officers and staff to discuss the challenging roles they undertake.

In December my sister and I visited Hillsborough Castle.  It is the Queen's residence in Northern Ireland. (outside Belfast)  Compared to her other homes, this castle is "small."  None the less, it is lovely and has an interesting history.

The surrounding town is quaint and when we were there, decked out in Christmas decor.  We had afternoon tea in one of the more famous restaurants.  We were more than a bit surprised when we saw 2 patrons feeding their very large dog an ice cream sundae from a huge metal bowl. The dog was sitting in the booth and the bowl was on the table.

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman : I so agree with you.Well said

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@lmt wrote:

Speaking to his father Alan, Kate said: 'He's a very sweet little boy... He's so diddy. Makes me very broody.'

What does that mean?  Was able to find broody (and it’s what I assumed - although has another definition that hilariously fits as well!!) But don’t see a definition for “diddy”. Or one that fits at least. Makes me even wonder if the quote is correct.

@Alter Ego   Like a brood sow. very cockney for wanting to be with child.