Honored Contributor

Re: The Cambridges Visit No Ireland

I just love the lurex sparkle in that dress, so pretty

D0cV6TnU0AAD-JZ.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

the wearin' of the green!  love that dress!

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Kate pouring a pint. I love this dress, it's by Missoni $2500. She got the green in!

kate-middleton.jpggettyimages-1127839743.jpggettyimages-1132613023.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional I think it's one of Kate's all time best looks, and she has had so many great dresses.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   she wears it beautifully  - amazing that that trim body has brought forth 3 babies!   she is so into keeping in shape - and always looks so happy and comfortable in her skin. 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

1101397_in_pp.jpg

This dress looks great on the Duchess but if I'd only seen this picture, I would not look twice at it.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Sadiesadie 

That's because they were allowed to marry women they love, women who love them.  And that has made all the difference.  It took that Charles and Di fiasco to drag the Royal family into the present when it comes to marrying.  Also they both married commoners who were raised in "normal" families.  Kate's parents are wealthy now but they are self made.  Her mom was an air line stewardess, her dad a caterer.  Very middle class.  Which is good because those women  bring "normal" into their homes and marriages.  

@chrystaltree @Sadiesadie  I can agree with you about  Kate and her family, absolutely.  Fine people.  Unfortunately, there's not much at all "normal" about Meghan, especially her family.  They're about as far away from normal as you can get.  She had only ONE family member, attend her  wedding.  That's normal?

Here's what I mean.  Why was her uncle, Michael Markle, not invited to her wedding? He is a former U.S. diplomat, the person she used to get her first job in the foreign service in South America.  Why was he, frankly, snubbed? 

He was good enough for her to use as a stepping stone to get that job.  He certainly could have walked her down the aisle in her fathers absence, but instead she hurt and insulted him by not even inviting him to the wedding.

That's just one great example even though I could go on and on about Markle and the rest of her clan.  Unfortunately, she turned out like most all of her family and not like her uncle, from what I've read, a very fine man.

I find the obsession with that awful Markle family weird.  You know Meghan's story like everyone else does.  She was raised and parented by her MOTHER.  She's the person she is today because her MOTHER gave her such a fine and normal upbringing.  She was a generous, caring person even as a child.  Sure, her father was somewhere in the background.  Like most divorced fathers, he was more a visitor than an involved dad.  She got nothing from him, he played no role in who she became.  The credit goes to her mother and she most definitely did have a very normal middle class life.  

So, which is it? Is her family 'normal' or 'awful'... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She looks lovely in the green dress and in her pretty red coat... Most noticeable is how very authentic she looks in most of her pictures, and as though she's genuinely 'in the moment'... Her facial expressions don't seem forced even though the constant 'good will' trips and activities have got to be wearing... Granted, the royals are well compensated for their efforts, but still, it has to get old...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Sadiesadie 

That's because they were allowed to marry women they love, women who love them.  And that has made all the difference.  It took that Charles and Di fiasco to drag the Royal family into the present when it comes to marrying.  Also they both married commoners who were raised in "normal" families.  Kate's parents are wealthy now but they are self made.  Her mom was an air line stewardess, her dad a caterer.  Very middle class.  Which is good because those women  bring "normal" into their homes and marriages.  

@chrystaltree @Sadiesadie  I can agree with you about  Kate and her family, absolutely.  Fine people.  Unfortunately, there's not much at all "normal" about Meghan, especially her family.  They're about as far away from normal as you can get.  She had only ONE family member, attend her  wedding.  That's normal?

Here's what I mean.  Why was her uncle, Michael Markle, not invited to her wedding? He is a former U.S. diplomat, the person she used to get her first job in the foreign service in South America.  Why was he, frankly, snubbed? 

He was good enough for her to use as a stepping stone to get that job.  He certainly could have walked her down the aisle in her fathers absence, but instead she hurt and insulted him by not even inviting him to the wedding.

That's just one great example even though I could go on and on about Markle and the rest of her clan.  Unfortunately, she turned out like most all of her family and not like her uncle, from what I've read, a very fine man.

I find the obsession with that awful Markle family weird.  You know Meghan's story like everyone else does.  She was raised and parented by her MOTHER.  She's the person she is today because her MOTHER gave her such a fine and normal upbringing.  She was a generous, caring person even as a child.  Sure, her father was somewhere in the background.  Like most divorced fathers, he was more a visitor than an involved dad.  She got nothing from him, he played no role in who she became.  The credit goes to her mother and she most definitely did have a very normal middle class life.  

@chrystaltree   I don't see people here obsessing about the Markle family.  The British press might, and the answer to that is to sell papers.  But it seems that when people here write something critical about Meghan or her family, there is immediate criticism of that.  I hope that stops.  People can have unfavorable opinions without being labelled obsessed.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

The megan haters always have to spoil a thread, it is her dad,and sister that is bad, not megan!!!

Having a critical opinion of Meghan, her clothes, her family, or whatever IMO does not spoil a thread.  People are allowed to express opinions that don't agree with everyone's.  That's what a chat board is all about.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@ms traditional I think it's one of Kate's all time best looks, and she has had so many great dresses.

@Greeneyedlady21   I love the dress but not the length, which makes it look more matronly than it needs to look.   A little shorter would have been better IMO.