Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Cambridges Visit No Ireland

@ms traditional 

Kate would look good in anything Cat Very Happy

And, that hair!  Always so beautiful...wonder if she ever has a bad hair day?  

Honored Contributor

Kate always looks so radiant.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Sadiesadie 

That's because they were allowed to marry women they love, women who love them.  And that has made all the difference.  It took that Charles and Di fiasco to drag the Royal family into the present when it comes to marrying.  Also they both married commoners who were raised in "normal" families.  Kate's parents are wealthy now but they are self made.  Her mom was an air line stewardess, her dad a caterer.  Very middle class.  Which is good because those women  bring "normal" into their homes and marriages.  

@chrystaltree @Sadiesadie  I can agree with you about  Kate and her family, absolutely.  Fine people.  Unfortunately, there's not much at all "normal" about Meghan, especially her family.  They're about as far away from normal as you can get.  She had only ONE family member, attend her  wedding.  That's normal?

Here's what I mean.  Why was her uncle, Michael Markle, not invited to her wedding? He is a former U.S. diplomat, the person she used to get her first job in the foreign service in South America.  Why was he, frankly, snubbed? 

He was good enough for her to use as a stepping stone to get that job.  He certainly could have walked her down the aisle in her fathers absence, but instead she hurt and insulted him by not even inviting him to the wedding.

That's just one great example even though I could go on and on about Markle and the rest of her clan.  Unfortunately, she turned out like most all of her family and not like her uncle, from what I've read, a very fine man.

I find the obsession with that awful Markle family weird.  You know Meghan's story like everyone else does.  She was raised and parented by her MOTHER.  She's the person she is today because her MOTHER gave her such a fine and normal upbringing.  She was a generous, caring person even as a child.  Sure, her father was somewhere in the background.  Like most divorced fathers, he was more a visitor than an involved dad.  She got nothing from him, he played no role in who she became.  The credit goes to her mother and she most definitely did have a very normal middle class life.  

I find the obsession with creating a false narrative regarding MM to be more than weird.

All my information comes from credible sources. Harper's Bazaar quoted a 2013 Esquire Magazine article where Meghan Markle said,  "Every day after school for 10 YEARS,  I was on the set of "Married with.... Children," which was really a funny and perverse place for a little girl in a Catholic school uniform to grow up."

Her father was the lighting director for the hit U.S. sitcom.

She was with her father every day, and she also said, in fact, that experience was the main reason for her decision to enter show business.

She was raised jointly, by her father and mother.

So, there are the facts. 

Respected Contributor

Kate and William look very happy in these pics - thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must admit the title of this thread confused me, I have never heard the Prince and Princess referred to as the Cambridges and it took me a long time to figure out No Ireland

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Kate pouring a pint. I love this dress, it's by Missoni $2500. She got the green in!

kate-middleton.jpggettyimages-1127839743.jpggettyimages-1132613023.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

1101397_in_pp.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@lmt : Anyone else think that little girl in the picture resembles the pictures we've seen of Meghan as a child? So cute

Trusted Contributor

Love Kate and William, and her dress.  Everyone is a always happy to be in Ireland where the people are so genuinely kind. They look so happy with the Harp.  Good for them, a beautiful, real couple.  It shows.

Honored Contributor

Meeting legendary Northern Ireland athlete Dame Mary Peters. They were at the Empire Music Hall in Belfast. I love Kate's expression in the second picture

D0cLJBNUYAAfcO1.jpegD0cQ33SUYAE_UNy.jpeg