Honored Contributor

Re: The Cambridges Visit Crisis Center

[ Edited ]

Well, everyone gets a pass once in a while, but this outfit is awful. Nothing looks like it fits. The mix of colors and patterns isn't a particularly flattering one, though, aside from fit, there's nothing actually wrong with either the jacket or the pants. Still, they must get so weary of all the 'command performances'. I know I would.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think her choice of pants and shoes is spot on.  It makes the outfit younger, fashion forward, but still traditional and sophisticated enough to be "royal."

I have earrings like that!  I have had them for eons.  They are Penny Preville I think.  Or Penny and Leslie--before they split!  LOL!!!  One of my good pieces of jewelry.  

Honored Contributor

An interesting tidbit about the jacket Kate is wearing:

The £620 blazer, by favourite label Smythe, is in a Prince of Wales check - named after the title held by her father-in-law, Prince Charles - and was last worn by the Duchess on an outing in October last year. Her £345 Joseph trousers are thought to be a new addition to her wardrobe.  

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I usually love her ensembles....but I don't care for the pants, either.  Just a tad too short.

But she certainly is a beautiful young woman.  

Respected Contributor

Many thanks to those who support people in crisis.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Expensive for my taste, but then I'm down to wearing VERY casual clothes in my retirement.

I have a blazer in a similar "check", but it was under $50 at the time I bought it.

Reminds me to look for it!  I love those classic patterns. 

Valued Contributor

I love Kate's outfit - fresh and fun. I think she and William serve the Queen well.

Honored Contributor

Fashion wise I love the blazer, I remember the last time she wore it. Don't like these pants or the blazer with these pants.

But this is a very important cause, this crisis line is modeled after the text crisis line we have in the US. I've used the text and the phone line, they are both invaluable. Remove the stigma.

I'm so glad that William and Kate, and Harry and Meghan, have brought so much attention to mental health issues. Desperately needed. They are health issues plain and simple.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  I read where Prince William's plan is to train and become a crisis counselor - he's trying to figure out how to incorporate the training into his busy schedule. The CEO of the Crisis Text Line said Prince William could be the guy at the end of the phone (it's totally anonymous).

Honored Contributor

I never get tired of looking at pictures of Kate. She just seems like she is a

beautiful person inside and out.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"