Respected Contributor

The Cambridges Visit Crisis Center

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended Shout’s Crisis Volunteer celebration event at the Troubadour White City Theatre in London. The event brings together people from across the UK who volunteer around the clock with Shout to support people in crisis.

The Duchess of Cambridge looked stylish in burgundy trousers and monochrome jacket

Prince William and Kate Middleton attended the event together this morning

Honored Contributor

Re: The Cambridges Visit Crisis Center

A King and Queen in the making.  May they always have good health, happy children and rewarding lives.

Respected Contributor

The Duchess of Cambridge looked ready for business in a smart checked blazer as she and Prince William arrived at the event

The duchess paired her autumnal outfit with black pumps

The pair smile as they are welcomed

Respected Contributor

Kate is wearing Joseph trousers and Smythe blazer.

Kate Middleton grins as she arrives to meet volunteers

The duchess is today visiting crisis volunteers for Shout

Since the charity launched in May this year, 1,500 volunteers have had 145,000 text conversations

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt 

As ususal, she looks beautiful, but this is one of the rare times I looked at her "fashions" and didn't like the outfit.

Something off about the pants....fit, color, length.  Don't like all the bare leg, then the black shoes!

Having said all that, she still looks lovely.  That hair always draws my eye.  Just so full and silky.  It really is her crowning glory, along with a many other attributes!

Respected Contributor

Shout is a 24/7 text support service which was researched and developed by The Royal Foundation as a legacy of the Heads Together Campaign. Since the service went live, Shout Crisis Volunteers have had 145,000 conversations via text with people in crisis, exchanging 6 million messages. 

Volunteers helped those who contacted Shout on issues as diverse as depression, bullying and suicidal thoughts.

The event’s aim is to bring together people from across the UK who volunteer around the clock with Shout to support people in crisis. As volunteers access their shifts from computers in their own homes, this event will be an opportunity for this virtual community to meet and see the scale of the national network they have joined.

william kate speak

The Duchess of Cambridge laughed as she shared a light-hearted moment with volunteers during the visit in London today

The Duchess of Cambridge was typically gracious as she spoke to volunteers

The Duchess of Cambridge learnt more about the work being done by Shout and celebrated the outreach it has achieved

High-spirited Kate was seen giggling at a number of different points during the engagement this morning

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@lmt 

As ususal, she looks beautiful, but this is one of the rare times I looked at her "fashions" and didn't like the outfit.

Something off about the pants....fit, color, length.  Don't like all the bare leg, then the black shoes!

Having said all that, she still looks lovely.  That hair always draws my eye.  Just so full and silky.  It really is her crowning glory, along with a many other attributes!

@Witchy Woman   Personally, I wouldn't look good wearing this style (length) of trousers, but I think Kate pulls it off. She could've worn black trousers, but the burgundy color really makes the outfit pop.

It's always nice to see her in trousers instead of the usual dresses/skirts that she wears.

Yes, her hair is so beautiful. I love all the different ways she styles it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@lmt 

@Witchy Woman  To my eye the pants and the jacket look a size or two too small, as if she's squeezed in. But I'm far from a fashion expert. 

Respected Contributor

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge squeezed in a final chat before making their way to the car after the event

The Duchess of Cambridge was handed a beautiful bunch of fresh flowers as she left the theatre after the engagement

Kate is pictured with a bouquet of flowers

The couple chat after meeting with Shout volunteers

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@lmt 

I agree,she's always beautiful. I just thought her pants were too short, I'm not a fan of ankle pants on anyone, she looked fine except for the length of the pants.