Honored Contributor

Re: The Brooklyn Blonde decided to go to J Crew

@Foxxee 

'blonde' can be subjective; there are many shades in the spectrum.

I've been referred to as blonde my entire adult life i.e, blondie, goldilocks, rubia, but once had this discussion with my ex, over breakfast decades ago, because apparently his idea of blonde was platinum. Period.  Funny story. I left him to pay the tab and went next door to this great boutique I liked. Tiny place and I was in the dressing room when I heard the 'ding' of someone entering the store. The sales lady asked 'may I help you?' to which Michael responded 'I'm looking for my girlfriend' to which she then asked , and I couldn't have planned this better if I'd tried, 'Is she blonde?'

Dead silence! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus You start out buying them.  You make money drawing in them in with the links to the stores.  The more you're known, the more money you can make.  Lots of women do it.  Great place to make money if you're stuck home with kids.  All you need is a friend to photograph you.   You dont' have to be model.  Just like any women you watch what you eat and work out to be thin showing the clothes.

She's also photographed her child modeling children's clothing.

Respected Contributor

@songbird LoveJ Crew.....however I heard they were in financial trouble and were thinkin about bankruptcy..hope not

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@songbird LoveJ Crew.....however I heard they were in financial trouble and were thinkin about bankruptcy..hope not

It's a good store.  I have a Cashmere sweater from them. The economy is uncertain.  We'll see.  Nordstrom was iffy for a while, but they managed to survive while other department stores went under.

Honored Contributor

Agree with @Andreatoo  and @wilma .  Sweats/joggers will always look like sweats/joggers.

Not impressed with who carries a Chanel/Prada bag either.  They're probably knock-off's anyway.  You never know.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

You can call them Princess Pantaloons but they're still sweats!

They bring down the whole look to workout/casual even with the classic tops...

@Andreatoo 

Yeah, I have some like them from a few years ago that I keep for pajamas on very cold evenings. I itch with close pajamas and these are old and have gotten much baggier than when they were new so works well for sleepwear.  They grew (not because I shrunk).

Respected Contributor

Fashion and beauty "influencers" and bloggers do not have to be thin or "watch what they eat" to be successful and top earners in social media. There are a ton of "influencers" and bloggers who are super successful, yet aren't considered thin or even "average" size.  Several really successful bloggers post pics of themselves that don't hide their stretch marks, cellulite, etc.  The current climate has become much more accepting of all shapes and sizes, although there's still a ways to go. 

One of my favorite Instagram pages to follow is a Canadian women in her early 30's, whose body has been at various sizes throughout her life. Her social media is thebirdspapaya. She is super successful, and has over 1.7 million followers on IG. I'm sure her blog receives a lot of traffic, as well. The key to making money on the internet is having a lot of followers, and content that drives people to a social media page.

Her content includes a range of pics -- pics from when she was thin, pics of her during times of weight gain and stretch marks after pregnancy, pics of her cellulite, pics of herself during athletic times in her life, pics of herself when she was considered too thin, pics of what would be considered a larger abdomen with saggy skin, larger thighs, saggy behind, etc.  She has helped so many people become more accepting of their bodies.  It doesn't hurt that she's physically beautiful Smiley Happy , but more importantly you can see what a beautiful soul she has by what she writes. I've been lucky that I've never struggled with weight issues, but I find her so inspiring because of her positive body image message. She's currently pregnant with her 4th child. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I like celery wrote:

Fashion and beauty "influencers" and bloggers do not have to be thin or "watch what they eat" to be successful and top earners in social media. There are a ton of "influencers" and bloggers who are super successful, yet aren't considered thin or even "average" size.  Several really successful bloggers post pics of themselves that don't hide their stretch marks, cellulite, etc.  The current climate has become much more accepting of all shapes and sizes, although there's still a ways to go. 

One of my favorite Instagram pages to follow is a Canadian women in her early 30's, whose body has been at various sizes throughout her life. Her social media is thebirdspapaya. She is super successful, and has over 1.7 million followers on IG. I'm sure her blog receives a lot of traffic, as well. The key to making money on the internet is having a lot of followers, and content that drives people to a social media page.

Her content includes a range of pics -- pics from when she was thin, pics of her during times of weight gain and stretch marks after pregnancy, pics of her cellulite, pics of herself during athletic times in her life, pics of herself when she was considered too thin, pics of what would be considered a larger abdomen with saggy skin, larger thighs, saggy behind, etc.  She has helped so many people become more accepting of their bodies.  It doesn't hurt that she's physically beautiful Smiley Happy , but more importantly you can see what a beautiful soul she has by what she writes. I've been lucky that I've never struggled with weight issues, but I find her so inspiring because of her positive body image message. She's currently pregnant with her 4th child. 

Well said @I like celery .  I don't believe being thin is a requirement for being a successful influencer or social media person.  I'd never heard of that until I read that post by the other poster.  There are many successful ones out there that are different sizes!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11  Michelle O. wore their clothes...maybe 5'9" or taller. My friend is 5'10" and 76...4 years older than me. We purchase outfits from J Crew. They come in petites and talls.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing @songbird ! It was nice to see casual pieces put together, and from a store that's attainable!