Honored Contributor

Re: The $51,000 D&G Floral Coat

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Like it or not you have to admit she wears it with class.

What does wearing it "with class" mean exactly?

Esteemed Contributor

Not so much "Koos of Course", but it reminds me of "Indigo Moon."  I think @Ocalagala's comment says it best:  It looks like a float in the Rose Bowl Parade.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

To donate the $51,000 to a worthy cause would have made a better impact on society.   Melania could have purchased something from Isaac M. with a lovely floral design for $79.50.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

To donate the $51,000 to a worthy cause would have made a better impact on society.   Melania could have purchased something from Isaac M. with a lovely floral design for $79.50.

Now, that would be classy.

IMHO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

Oh YUK.  I don't think so.... How very old-fashioned. I doubt that she wanted to look like an old lady before her time.  Melania's coat is a work of wearable art, not a copy of someone's wallpaper from the 1940s.

And how many thousands of other women would have the same thing?

I don't like people to tell me how to spend my money.  Do you?  

You people are assuming a lot.  How do you know what she's given to charity or hasn't?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

Oh YUK.  I don't think so.... How very old-fashioned. I doubt that she wanted to look like an old lady before her time.  Melania's coat is a work of wearable art, not a copy of someone's wallpaper from the 1940s.

And how many thousands of other women would have the same thing?

I don't like people to tell me how to spend my money.  Do you?  

You people are assuming a lot.  How do you know what she's given to charity or hasn't?

@Pearlee

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

Esteemed Contributor

It is a pretty coat.  She wears it well. Her spouse is a billionaire, they can afford it. 

Maybe the "Sally Spectra" designers at the Q will make a knock-off version of it.

Honored Contributor

A stunning lady with great sense of style, she looked amazing throughout the entire trip. I believe she is very philanthropic with her time and financial resources. Truly a refreshing change.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

A stunning lady with great sense of style, she looked amazing throughout the entire trip. I believe she is very philanthropic with her time and financial resources. Truly a refreshing change.

LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That coat reminds me of an episode of Trading Spaces -- the one where Hildi Santo Tomas stapled fake flowers on all the walls of a bathroom. 

I don't like the coat any more than I liked the bathroom.