Regular Contributor

That plastic bag that you open for your clothing packages...

The part that says, to open, tear along perforation...

Ok. There is no tab and nowhere that I see to be able to tear along the perforation line.

There's just a perforation line teasing me. How the heck are you supposed to open these?!!! (Besides my scissors that is)

Respected Contributor

Re: That plastic bag that you open for your clothing packages...

@Dreamchaser

Stuff like this is so frustrating.  It also seems to be normal for food packaging too.  I love it when packages say "resealable, cut here."  Most times, I end up using a spring-loaded clip or rubber band after I've folded it over. I wish all Zip-Loc would take over all food packaging!

I haven't ordered clothes for a long time from QVC, but the outer white or light gray plastic packages do have a perforated opening with a tab that actually works.  Now the clear one inside with the clothing item is usually just sealed or taped at the ends.  

Honored Contributor

If you give it a really strong tug holding onto each side of the perforated line, you'll probably get it opened.  I, however, cut along that line with my trusty scissors.  Much less hassle for me.

Honored Contributor

I received literally hundreds of those plastic bags from QVC.  I guess I'm a superior being because I've never failed to get one open.  Brute force, I guess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The worst are the bags with no perforation.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Mine won't / don't tear on those lines either....they r imaginary I think.....for moral support, lol.........I rip after 4 attempt.... and then they r to have that sticky thing to seal it up for a return, well forget that too..... nothing is there. Ya lose coming and going, lol...

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Mine won't / don't tear on those lines either....they r imaginary I think.....for moral support, lol.........I rip after 4 attempt.... and then they r to have that sticky thing to seal it up for a return, well forget that too..... nothing is there. Ya lose coming and going, lol...

Right. Nothing is there!!!! I mean, is it really that hard to make a decent bag? One time, repeat ONE TIME, I got the nicest bag. I thought, Yay!!!!! They got new bags!!!!! It perforated nicely, it had the sticky tape inside, it was grand. Never got one again and it's been over a year.