Honored Contributor

i had myself convinced that I did not need or want any new clothes. I had my large walk in closet stuffed. it was ridiculous. So I cleaned the closet out using a heavy hand. Made a lot of room in there and it is so nice to not be squishing my clothes. I still have way more than I absolutely need.So - now I'm not buying. Nothing at all. Then I see that darned QF and they forced me - honest - i had no control over it - they forced me to buy a Christmas t shirt. The one with the trees. Oh the guilt - oh the angst.( back of hand against forehead) if you can picture it - a force came out of the TV and started dialing my phone - the force used automated ordering - how does QVC do that?

Honored Contributor

Re: That darned Quacker factory

I've had a similar experience.  The nice clean roomy closet doesn't last long.

Honored Contributor

I really don't care for Quacker Factory. Don't like all the glitz. If I need a holiday type shirt I can usually find them at Goodwill.

Valued Contributor

Well, you are no fun. Everybody needs a little glitz in their life.

Super Contributor

Yep, I just bought a nearly new quacker top at goodwill. It's red with lots of gold sequins for $5. So I am all set for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

I really don't care for Quacker Factory. Don't like all the glitz. If I need a holiday type shirt I can usually find them at Goodwill.

i prefer not to buy used clothing and even the clothes at Goodwill were originally bought new by someone. After all the people I have seen come into ICU with horrid infections - there is no way I would wear someone else's used clothing,if you had seen things I've seen - you wouldn't either.

Honored Contributor

OMG - i reread my OP and it reminded me of Sophia on Golden Girls " Picture it - sicily 1948..."

Honored Contributor

I just found a really nice Denim and Co sweater at Goodwill.  It looks like it has never been worn.  I grabbed that one !!!  I know D&C clothes really hold up.  I love finding something when I am not looking.  I was just browsing for Halloween costumes.  Enjoy your day ladies Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@morning glory wrote:

Well, you are no fun. Everybody needs a little glitz in their life.

......and some of us need a whole lot of glitz in our lives...lol    I purposely did not watch that QF show, I didn't even check out the items in the show.  I know myself..... 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

i prefer not to buy used clothing and even the clothes at Goodwill were originally bought new by someone. After all the people I have seen come into ICU with horrid infections - there is no way I would wear someone else's used clothing,if you had seen things I've seen - you wouldn't either.

I believe she was using Goodwill to make an insulting point..