Honored Contributor

Re: That Woman Collection by Marlo Thomas - HSN

[ Edited ]

Lots of success to Marlo; I'd love to see more of her fashions.  Actually, 'Marlo' would be a good name for another collection of hers.  Maybe something like

'Marlo Sport'   or 'Marlo Casual', or 'Marlo Liesure', etc., etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The dress in pink was DARLING though I passed.  I just rarely wear the dresses I own now.

I did order the pink jacket.  I may send it back, but I wanted to see the quality.

I thought some of her items were super cute, and I didn't like others.  She is donating some of the proceeds.  She seems like a really good woman!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

the rose jacket looks beautiful!!!!!! But too expensive for fake suede.  Thankfully hsn has excellent sale prices!!!!

I agree.  I want to see what it looks like anyway, LOL.  I ordered this a.m., but I'm considering canceling as it's faux.  I loved the color, the length was decent and it looked lightweight and not boxy.

Decisions...yes...it is pricy!

Honored Contributor

THIS woman loves the look, but for the price, I'd just as soon send a donation to St Jude's and skip the shopping altogether.

Esteemed Contributor

As a young teen, I watched the "That Girl" show and would enjoy the character's clothing. 

She transitioned into the 60's styles that were going on at the time. I would watch and wonder what she would wear next. 

I wish her well with her clothing line.  She's a good looking 79.    

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Cute dress! I think the tote will also be sold since it's in a number of the photos, but it's not posted yet

That Woman by Marlo Thomas Colorblock Ponte Dress
521-540

I bought this dress last night.  Had to have it. 

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE Marlo but thought her fashions were overpriced..nothing special..appreciate all her hard work for her father's hospital..she looks....amazing! Almost 80??

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Cute dress! I think the tote will also be sold since it's in a number of the photos, but it's not posted yet

521-540

I bought this dress last night.  Had to have it. 

That pink dress was SO cute.  I just had to pass due to not wearing dresses too often!  Enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

While there was no clarification in the description on screen they spoke of the jackets as if they were real suede......I did hear Colleen mention Marlo's work with St. Jude's but I didn't hear nor have I read that any of the proceeds for the clothing are going to her charity. Which is fine but I'd find her prices more palatable if they were...

Am I the only one who was mortified by the 'cousin' in SC that Marlo seemed not to know??

Respected Contributor

I ended up not ordering the dress because the blue one which I liked best sold out about the time I was thinking about it.  I don't wear a lot of dresses anyway but I do like the look.  I do wish her success with this line.  Yes, it seems like items will be a bit pricey to start with but the good thing about HSN is that do clearance things regularly.