Respected Contributor

Re: That Soma TSV bra - HATE

I LOVE Soma bras, and wear them almost exclusively. However; every style that I own is a different size and they all fit me. Some of the bands are 36, some are 38. I have C, D, and DDD cups and they all fit perfectly. Unless I'm reordering something I already have, I wouldn't take a chance on buying them without trying them on. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Call CS. Explain the smell and terribly wrong size and tell them you do not deserve to pay return S&H and that the original S&H be credited. I have had succes w CS when an item was defective. Good luck!

Thank you, you are right. I am going to call. It is not right to pay that return shipping on something that smells like chemicals and is totally off on sizing.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Just received it. First off, it was shipped in a box big enough for two pairs of shoes, in the boxes. Second, it smells like toxic chemicals. Very strong offensive odor. Third, this thing is GIGANTIC. All the reviews said it runs small. What???? I got a 34DD which I wear regularly, this thing is at least two sizes too big. I could put two cantaloupes in it. What a waste of my time and money. Never again QVC. I’ll stick to my Wacoal and VS. What a stupid decision to order this piece of junk. Live and learn. I need to stop making these bad decisions. 

OMgosh, you too? Wasn't it absolutely awful!!!! I got the big box but sent it back in a little box. It was so tight and so uncomfortable but the cups were big and the whole thing wouldn't even stay put. The wiring felt like steel bars. I was spared the bad smell, tho-didn't have that.

I was measured by Soma once. I had been wearing a 38 and she said I was a 34 and I was dumb enough to buy one. Ended up in the trash. Awful. I didn't think I could return it (to the store). I didn't learn my lesson the first time but I've learned it now. No more Soma for me. I don't want to even hear the name.

Honored Contributor

Years ago I was fitted by a sales clerk at SOMA...worst bra I ever purchased and the size was way off.

Esteemed Contributor

I had bought an earlier soma offering, bought a few sizes, and none of them fit.  So I knew it wasn’t for me.

Contributor

I love this bra; it's the only one I have ever found that fits me and I was thrilled to see it as a TSV!  No one ever carries my size so thank you QVC.

I do agree that the size of the box it was shipped in was crazy big.

Occasional Contributor

I too love this SOMA bra. I have been wearing the Vanshing Back bra for years so I know my size. I was happy to see them as the TSV for the price savings! I bought 3. I agree that the packing was large, however, I appreciated the fact that the bras were not squished down and arrived beautifully. Mine did not have an odor at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not buy the TSV, but own a Soma Vanishing Back bra.  My bra was purchased a while ago in a Soma store.  I found the band size to be ok, but the cup size is slightly smaller than Wacoal's and at least a full size down from Bali's sizing. I purchased the bra because I loved the bronze nude shade which was in stock the day I was shopping.

Respected Contributor

I am shipping this toxic POS out today and CS told me they will not charge me for the label thank goodness!  Yay!

Honored Contributor

Received my two today.  The smell seems OK, even on the black one.  The cups are OK.  Problem?  The band is two sizes too small.  I wear a 44 in all of QVC's offerings and calculate I would need a 48 in this bra, that's how much gap there is.  I don't consider this defective, just a way different fit than Breezies or Jockey.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  On the plus side, I appreciated their shipping it in a box.  I have one foam cup from Breezies with a crease in the cup from being shipped in an envelope.  Silly me did not return it, I just wore it under heavy sweatshirts in colder weather..