Honored Contributor

Re: That Gucci Belt Jill is Wearing

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  No, I’m not contradicting myself. I wasn’t envious of that vendor’s diamond ring. My engagement ring, that I wear every day, is almost 3cts. Her ring was distracting because she was selling something using her hands and I thought the ring was distracting from her presentation. I don’t think GILI Jill was waving her belt around for all to see. It was just part of her outfit.

@Shanus, I would beg to differ.   Here is your exact post about the Wander Beauty rep's ring:

Maybe it's just me, but if someone's selling makeup (or anything) that's supposed to be well priced, save us money by each product doing many things, etc., leave the 10 carat diamond ring at home. 

It makes me feel as though she's made her millions and is flashing that ring while touting bargain makeup. Uh. No!!!!

@Lipstickdiva  Oh geeez! This is really bothering you if you needed to look back that far to quote my post. The vendor must have been told or thought about it herself because she wasn’t wearing the ring the next time she appeared on Q. Again, it was distracting while using her hands selling make up.

A designer belt or shoes worn as part of an outfit while selling anything is not distracting to me. It’s meaningless if the host or vendor owns the item and chooses to wear it. 

Honored Contributor

@fatticus wrote:

I noticed both items.  I think it’s a little extravagant for the type of program it is.

I agree.  I remember years ago Shawn was fun to watch.  She was so casual and now I hardly recognize her.  I may be the minority but I wonder why they do not wear more Q clothes.  I have seen Antionella in beautiful tops and none of them are from Q.I  However on Evine they wear a lot of the clothing from Evine, however Evine does have many vendors to choose from.  Evine also has cute clothes in my opinion.  Even HSN the hosts are usually wearing clothing from HSN.  Colleen looks great all the time and I believe she is wearing clothes from HSN.  In my opinion they should wear clothes they are selling.

Honored Contributor

I identify a lot more with high end accessories than a lot of what is sold at QVC. I love when the vendors or show hosts wear a Gucci belt or a Rolex watch. I think Lisa had a Cartier watch. My boss at Tiffany's called it aspirational fashion. I just like looking at it and appreciate quality things. It does not mean I would necessarily buy it myself, but it is fun to dream...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I identify a lot more with high end accessories than a lot of what is sold at QVC. I love when the vendors or show hosts wear a Gucci belt or a Rolex watch. I think Lisa had a Cartier watch. My boss at Tiffany's called it aspirational fashion. I just like looking at it and appreciate quality things. It does not mean I would necessarily buy it myself, but it is fun to dream...

What a nice way to express your thoughts Trinity.  I do enjoy seeing the bracelet the lady from Lugg wears.  That was brought to my attention on one of the forums.  A mesh bracelet wit crystals.  It is really pretty.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@fatticus wrote:

I noticed both items.  I think it’s a little extravagant for the type of program it is.

I agree.  I remember years ago Shawn was fun to watch.  She was so casual and now I hardly recognize her.  I may be the minority but I wonder why they do not wear more Q clothes.  I have seen Antionella in beautiful tops and none of them are from Q.I  However on Evine they wear a lot of the clothing from Evine, however Evine does have many vendors to choose from.  Evine also has cute clothes in my opinion.  Even HSN the hosts are usually wearing clothing from HSN.  Colleen looks great all the time and I believe she is wearing clothes from HSN.  In my opinion they should wear clothes they are selling.

Whenever I see a beauty or jewelry show on Evine , the hosts are not wearing Evine fashions.  The only time that I see Heather wearing Evine fashions is when she is hosting a fashion show.

It's not an issue for me - I like to see the hosts wearing their own personal style, including designer/high end items.  

And Colleen at HSN does the same, but she has her own fashion line. She wears it to promote her own line (personal financial interest) otherwise I never see her wearing H fashions unless she is hosting a particular fashion show like Iman or DG2. I never see her wearing Iman or DG2 or Slinky unless she is hosting one of those particular shows. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva....nice......lol...🙂
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@Lipstickdiva....nice......lol...🙂

@KKlim  Feel better jumping on someone else’s band wagon? 

Respected Contributor

No- Actually i don't.. but the disagreements that erupt here get ridiculous. ( and I don't mean w/ u) it's gotten to be where udont even want to post anymore your opinion. Everyone should have freedom of their own opinion. Life is short. It's Nonsense to argue over..People should just move on from this category..🙂
Honored Contributor

In reading these posts, a lot of posters take quite a leap of assumptions about the demographics of the viewership or customer base of QVC.

Why do some presume that there are not a lot of viewers who can also afford, and do own, Gucci belts, Badgley Mischka shoes, or a Marc Jacobs coat.?  Perhaps that's exactly how some women can budget the really expensive items, by weaving in an Isaac Mizrahi cardigan or lace dress, with their one Hermes handbag.

I could not care less what the hosts wear while they are selling Denim & Co. jogger pants or diamonique earrings.  They don't live with me.  I also don't care if they want what they are selling.  I make my decisions for myself.

Do you also feel bad in Walmart while a salesperson barely making minimum wage is waiting on you while you are wearing your 14K gold bracelet?  It goes both ways, we should all be able to wear what we want and not take it personally, IMO

Respected Contributor

If the hosts do wear QVC clothing, posters will make threads about how awful they look. If the hosts don't wear QVC clothing, posters give them flak for not wearing it. It's d@mned if they do and d@mned if they don't sometimes.