Super Contributor

Re: That Denim & Co Mitered Stripe Top Looks Ridiculous On That Petite Girl

That top reminds me of this:

Image result for fruit stripe gum

Image result for fruit stripe gum

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Respected Contributor

While I don't think it's horrible, it is quite long on everyone (it actually comes in petites, if I'm not mistaken). It really would look best with leggings or jeggings or really slim pants of some sort -- it does look dumpy with bottoms that aren't trim. Frankly, a variation on this look could fit in with the T by Talbots active collection (they have done mitered stripe tops before) ... but I'm pretty sure they would style it with leggings, and the colorways would most likely be different!

Honored Contributor

I think it is a cute top.  I can really see it with white pants--crops, ankle pants or capis in the spring.

The only problem is that it is way too long.  Just have it hemmed!  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I thought the boatneck, with the mitered stripes, was an odd choice...

@Andreatoo 

It looked "wrong"  to me -  maybe that's the problem.

Valued Contributor

@Carmie It is too expensive.  I buy 95% of my clothing from a plus-size catalogue, fairly pricey  but excellent CS, fabrics, shipping.  All my tees and tops like this one are 100% cotton.  They range in price from $19.99 to $34.95 but they're almost always offered at 40% off with free shipping.  There's lots of good buys on clothing but I never spend money like that especially with the blend on this D&Co top.  My last order from my catalogue was 3 dressy tops, 4 100% cotton tops, 2 !00% cotton sleep shirts, and a short-sleeved cotton terry hooded jacket for $219...  40% with free s/h

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne   You know how to shop.  Sometimes our purchases are not thought out and we get caught up in the moment and order something that is overpriced.

I used to do that and had a closet full of clothing that I spent too much on and still had nothing to wear.

Now, I am more selective and find great deals on clothing I know I will wear and not break the bank.

So far, I ordered 24 new cotton tops this springand super low prices. I think I better slow down or I won't have room to store them.

Honored Contributor

I don't do tunics, and the stripe placement makes me a bit nauseated. But other than that, I hardly thinks it's horrible.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I don't do tunics, and the stripe placement makes me a bit nauseated. But other than that, I hardly thinks it's horrible.

@suzyQ3 

If an item of clothing nauseates me I generally consider it to be horrible.

Cat LOL

Contributor

I recently vented about all the tunics Gary seems to be promoting. This item did not look good on anyone and especially looked awful on the fuller figured models. I’m also not a fan of boatneck tops, but that’s just me. Today I looked at two tops Susan Graver offered as they weren’t boatneck - she does a lot of that style - but they were both over 28” in length. I’m 5’7 and I don’t care for all these tunics. I’m saving money by buying at Kohl’s with a coupon and free shipping.  Cute tops and great pricing. 

Trusted Contributor

@ptagirl wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

That has to be one of the ugliest tops I’ve ever seen. Denim & Co what’s up with the ugly large flower and strange geometric prints this year?😝

I totally agree!... like the style, but NOT the print!...oh, well,  saves me money...

@ptagirl  Indeed! I’ll be saving a lot of money too😊💰