Respected Contributor

Re: Thanks to all who helped--I have ordered a dress....

Gorgeous!

I love midnight blue or navy as a substitute for black. It's more flattering to my coloring. It's my "evening dress" color of choice.

You will be a knockout in that dress!

Contributor

That is a beautiful dress and perfect for November in St. Louis!  Have a wonderful time at your event and Go Cards!!!

Respected Contributor

Fantastic dress!  And I agree with @maestra that there is a fabulous Gatsby vibe about it.  You will be lovely.

I recently attended a black tie event in CA and wore a floor length navy gown.  I was SO happy to have selected navy over black.  Classic without being stuffy or boring.

Honored Contributor

@CardinalGirl  Stunning!!!  You will be stunning and certainly a head-turner by many.  I LOVE your choice in navy, this is what I would have chosen.  Everyone wears black. 

What a style too.  The bead work looks exquisite.  A beautiful pair of earrings, a gorgeous clutch, perfect comfortable shoes and you'll be all set for a wonderfully enjoyable evening with the love of your life, a cocktail or two and a twirl on the dance floor.

Of course we'll need the scoop the day after and pictures as well!!!

Trusted Contributor

I wore these to my sons wedding, from a suggestion on this board.2378869-p-MULTIVIEW.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@CardinalGirl wrote:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my first thread, asking for suggestions on a cocktail dress.  To remind you, the event is in St. Louis, the first week of November.  It will be an elegant party, but after talking to the hostess, it's also going to be a "glitzy" affair.

I spent the entire day in the city yesterday, searching for my dress.   After all the driving, all the store hopping, all the taking off and putting on and taking back off, I came back home and ordered a dress I had seen online three days ago.  LOL!  

I had a lot of trouble finding a suitable dress that comes in petite.  The one I ordered is not a petite, but it's not overly structured, so I think it will be fine.  I tried on similar styles in the stores that were not petite and they were fine.

Here is the dress I have ordered.  It was sold out in black, so I ordered navy....which I think will be nice.  

3/4 Sleeve Scallop Beaded Sheath 261606I

Gorgeous CG, what shoes are you planning to wear with it?

Respected Contributor

Your dress is beautiful and I love that you chose navy.  Perfect for a glitzy affair.