Valued Contributor

Thank you clothing designers!

I have noticed very recently that several of the clothing items I have received have been made in Viet Nam rather than China - YEA!!!  Just got a set of two tops from Isaac and they were Viet Nam.  Pretty sure same for Anybody, some of Susan Graver's (although not enough, still too much China) and I think also something I got from Denim & Co.  This is a very good direction QVC; please keep it up!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you clothing designers!

I personally don't give a hoot where my clothing is made except that the Chinese goods are more expensive due to the tariffs.  I think they've made an effort to cultivate manufacturers in other countries to keep prices down.  Vietnam seems to be the current winner, although there have been some booboos like non matching stripes.  That doesn't happen on the Chinese made tops.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I don't really see the difference between these two sources.

Does anyone remember there are still POWs missing in Viet Nam? Or that we lost 48,000 American lives there?

Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

Yay!

Esteemed Contributor

Jeans I just purchased - 5 pairs because they (finally) came in numeric sizing - tag says Bangladesh....................

Perfect fit - - hips - rise - length........ in regular size 12

No more small - med - large for me

Honored Contributor

Many companies have been moving their manufacturing to countries other than China for a few years now.  

Honored Contributor

What's the difference, it's still made out of the country.  Not that I care at all.  We live in a global economy, it's not 1970 anymore.  The American economy would be in dire straights, many jobs would be lost if Chinese consumers stopped buying American goods.  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Many companies have been moving their manufacturing to countries other than China for a few years now.  

Would be nice to see them made in U.S.

Esteemed Contributor

Can't help but think where these designers would be without the talented, underpaid, sometime sweat shop workers regardless of the country where they are made.  Construction is as important as the design and fabric chosen.  The work of these people  are never appreciated.  Designers get all the credit.