Honored Contributor

Re: Thakoon for Kohls. What do you think?

"Thakoon at Saks":  I just took a quick look 'over there' first.  Love some of those styles over there, but the prices are fairly high.  Take a look.  Now, I'll go over to Kohl's.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Update:  I just took a look over at Kohls:  I like many of those outfits.  Very young looking (mainly because they're too short), but it's a fresh, covered-up look for young women.  The tops are nice.  Much better priced than at Saks.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Of the pieces shown on this thread, I didn't care for any of them. Haven't looked at Kohl's web-site, as I seldom shop there anyway.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

i have to agree @gardensla these clothes leave me a little cold and disappointed.  there is nothing that makes me want to rush over to kohls to buy.  the only one that is slightly interesting is the flyaway sweater.

Trusted Contributor

I like it and think it is very stylish but really only appropriate my someone VERY young.  I know my 20 something will like some of these items but this almost 50 year old will pass.

Trusted Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Update:  I just took a look over at Kohls:  I like many of those outfits.  Very young looking (mainly because they're too short), but it's a fresh, covered-up look for young women.  The tops are nice.  Much better priced than at Saks.

This is obviously a made for Kohks line and the pricing is in line with Kohls quality.  Actually I have found that once things go in sale, and they always do... They will be more in line with what they are really worth.

Honored Contributor

Got another email newsletter a couple of days ago......could have been Bergdorf Goodman.........anyway, Thakoon was featured.  I do like some of the styles.  Yes, I know that this line is made specifically for Kohl's.  But, sometimes there is a similar 'look' and 'style', similar to the expensive, high-end Thakoon (and others) line.  I love to receive high-end store email newsletters.  Also love to see Q's similar versions at affordable prices. 

Super Contributor

Not for me at all .  These shown are way too heavy and dark for SoCal . I do not even see my HS students  wearing  these  at all. Maybe the 20's crowd? Just not fun, flirty,or classy-the first 2 are ugly!

Honored Contributor

I've never been impressed by any of the designer lines at KOHL'S.  There was a new designer line last spring that had some attractive summery print maxi dresses and skirts.  I bought a few and after I laundered them, they looked like rags.

Vera Wang items were so much nicer when they first came to Kohl's.  Her nightgowns shrink in length terribly. 

Honored Contributor

There's a lot of bad design out there right now and this is definately some!