Regular Contributor

Re: Tension between Antonella and Susan Graver?

I  didn’t watch every show Susan was on with her TSV

But, did see a bit when Susan was singing and acting silly

and she said “ my brother is going to call me -I heard 

her say her brother called her telling her to stop acting silly

that she was embarrassing him.

I’ve wondered if any of her family members comment on

her behavior.

I own some Graver items from years ago,some I still wear

others I donated.

Antonella seemed pushed to the limit - at times not talking

just looking at her cards.

Not bashing either ladies, just what I observed and heard.

Respected Contributor

I saw the (final?) segment where they were selling the Stretch Peachskin Button Front Shirt.  Toward the end of the presentation Antonella admitted she had tried it on before the show and found it to be too long for her.  As she was the shortest woman standing there, I thought her point was valid; however, she then turned to the two models standing by and asked them for confirmation, putting them in an awkward situation.  

From what I saw, which admittedly wasn't much, Antonella appeared deflated.  I couldn't discern whether she was tired of Susan Graver (who wouldn't be?!) or just plain tired.  I will say I think Antonella is a "good soul."  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I saw most of the show and normally i think SG and Antonella usually get along and Antonella uses her humor

to deal with SG...................maybe a bad day for her?

But then i watched the SG show in the evening and the pairing i can't take is SG with Sandra..............OMG that was constant talking between the both of them...and if i had to choose who was overtalking who the most...it was Sandra.........and almost every time the conversation she interrupted with had NOTHING to do with the product....

Sandra was the same the other day with the Barefoot Dreams lady....................it seemed every other minute she was interjecting  some thing that had NOTHING to do

with the product...........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walkingal wrote:

@OldNana80 wrote:

That show gave me a headache! Susan's cackling, hooting and hollering, never being quiet for a moment, talking over the host is just too much!  Towards the end of the show Antonella asked Susan about a stamp on her hand. Susan said it was from somewhere she had been the night before, Antonella asked if it was Chipendales, a lot of jokes were made about it and I kind of felt Susan was put in an awkward spot even though she gets on my nerves. Then all of the talking about what each of them sang at kareoke got out of hand.  It went on for too long and was annoying.  I did sense tension between them towards the end of the show.

AN should not have mentioned or drawn attention to whatever was on her guest's (SG) hand.  That was unprofessional.  Putting people on the spot is one of my pet peeves.  

I did not see the full show.  I tuned in, saw who was hosting and kept on moving.  I do not enjoy AN as a host at all and I especially don't enjoy her as a fashion host.

This is not the first time AN has put a vendor on the spot during a conversation.  The last time it happened she was told to move on by the producer in her ear and she continued on, thinking it was funny.  I think it was with a jewelry vendor and how close she wanted the camera to come to see earrings or something.  

Honored Contributor

I like SG even when she first started and was very quiet and timid on the shows.

However, lately I have really noticed she is becoming manic. A month or more ago one of her shows really showed mania behavior.   I hope the the Q, her friends or family suggest to her she see a doctor.  

As for the host mentioned here all I will say is she has no self esteem.

I feel bad even saying these negative things but I am especially hoping the mods might pass the hint about SG on to Q management and she can get some help.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Just watched the replay. I am not Antonella's biggest fan,but I have to give her credit. She looked tired and honestly SG is,I think, difficult to work with. Lots of interruptions.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry but I just watched the show with Susan and Antonella on QVC3. They got along well. I didn't see anything unusual. 

Respected Contributor

@Mi47 wrote:

Yes, most definitely.   Very obvious.  Sure there will be a meeting re it, would love to be a fly on the wall.  

Oh I totally agree .. there was somethng there ....

Trusted Contributor

Between 0400pm and 0500pm QVC3 aired a repeat of SG’s show hosted by Antonella. I’ve seen SG loud and chatty before, but never intentionally rude. She was intentionally interupting Antonella and laughing about it with the models. Antonella said go ahead and speak, and SG said no, you go ahead and speak. When Antonella did, she started talking over her again and laughing. SG acted like the most rude person I’ve ever seen on QVC. I would use another adjective as well, but I better not. She’s got issues. Antonella deserves a pay raise for putting up with that intentional humiliation.

Esteemed Contributor

I just can't get over all the  phrases  from SG " throw this on  and throw this on " . I don't throw my clothes on. I  love what is in my wardrobe  and choose my outfits   when I go out .

I think Antonella handled SG with  much grace while she was being  over powered from doing her job , then it devolved into alot of  talk that had nothing to do with clothes .  Talking abt the Karaoke  or hand stamp. Well SG  jokingly had an unfavorable description of  her  slacks being offered  and Antonella said " Oh , my " .

The idea is for the Hosts to be approachable and make you feel comfortable to trust them  to buy the goods being offered .  However , it's become almost slapstick comedy hour .  I just need the good camera shots, models ,  all the dimensions , and with shoes & boots  what is the sole made of .  do the shoes/boots  have an outer rubberized  sole .