Valued Contributor

Re: Tension between Antonella and Susan Graver?

Didn't see the show but its probably not a good idea to put two extroverts together. 

Valued Contributor

There have been lots of changes with new hosts moving VERY quickly up the food chain (solo shows & prime time hours) , and some of the senior personnel (with a few exceptions) getting pushed to the back (overnights or Q2, or BeautyIQ online).  This is effecting the confidence of some of the hostesses I think. Not just AN, but Elise, Courtney Cason, etc. With exception to David, the guys are used to being in the back row less focused on. I have seen some of these ladies personalities change, as I have the main channel on as white noise all the time. 

That said SG is a lot to take, and when she has a TSV she is very overtired, it is even more noticeable.  So, if someone is possibly going through adjustments professionally (maybe even personally) and the bull in a china shop is uncontrollable that day, it is a recipe for tension. I can understand throwing in the towel when her lack of professional courtesy toward the host occurs. But, people love Susan’s clothes and that means $$$$ for QVC, ultimately the hosts are the ones that are expendable.

Contributor

I am not a fan of Susan Graver. She is annoying to me. Plus her clothes are getting ridiculously expensive. I have not bought any of her clothes for years

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't know because I turned it off.  When Antonella opens a show screaming, she creates tension in me.  She was literally screaming at Shawn the other night.  I don't know what's wrong with her but she's become unwatchable.  She's not good at all on fashion shows.

@Kachina624 

I don't think she is feeling well lately. She seems to be getting hot flashes or feeling faint or something.Not only on fashion shows but on all her shows.

She is always pulling at her collar,her shirt or her neck and chest and looking flushed or breathless and trying to hide it.

This is just my observation ,not a fact. I do hope she is ok.

Super Contributor

Cannot watch whenever Antonella is on.......hard to listen to but even harder to look at with that reflective brassy hair color....totally needs an intervention, ugh!

Contributor

I can watch Antonella without any discomfort, but  Susan makes my ears bleed! It's like Susan has had too many "power" drinks before coming on air and she just does not shut up long enough for anyone else to talk. It's EXTREMELY difficult for the hosts to run through the colors or any info about the garments (fabric blends, etc.).

Respected Contributor

SG is always her hyper self.  Antonella can be loud but I know if she is hosting fashion show I will get all the measurements, sizes models wearing everything I need to know as opposed to many of the other hosts who spend all their time changing clothes and running around and then sometimes remembering, as the time is running out, to throw out a measurement.

So all in all I do watch Antonella if it is a show I want to see as whoever she is with I get the needed information.

Honored Contributor

Who was the host who had to apologize to SG on air the next show because of an uproar here about the host being rude to SG.  This was a few years ago.  I want to say it was Jill or JRT.  The next show the host came out and professed her love and admiration for SG to smooth things over.

SG in unwatchable.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

The worst habit SG has is repeating a word the host says while the host is speaking.  She repeats one word of every sentence the host speaks.

It's a really annoying habit.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

I buy tons from the Q but own next to no LOGO and SG, I wish they would order less from these lines and have them on air far less frequently.

I look forward to the day when Susan's manic and repetative behavior has retired, I mute the TV or change the channel every time. Agree 100% that it takes the host 10X longer to show and name the colors due to SG's incessant comments.