Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tension between Antonella and Susan Graver?

[ Edited ]

I do understand that SG finds the need to point out all the design details of her garments  , however  maybe the various Hosts and she  practice  as to what talking format they plan to follow Before  going on stage .  Leah  had SG off stage while she presented the basic  info on her cards as far as colors , inseams  and sizing  while presenting the SG pieces.  Each show is pretty long so it seems to me  they could  present the info logically , then bring SG out  and give her the floor by herself  since she is always  moving around modeling while pointing out all the design  aspects of her garments.  That would be better than  wasting time  with all that  silly  repetitive chatting  abt how " good " something is or some other favorite adjective .  I do like it that SG does pull up her  top to show how the pants fit at the waist & derriere ,  she just needs not to dominate  the Hosts  all the time.  Don't get me wrong  , she has every right to  market her  garments herself since she  can point out details that the Hosts don't know.

I'd just like some shorter tops - please no more tunics or high low tops and pants that are 31-32"  inseam !

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch but I went back to the videos and Antonella was actually watchable without all of her shouting.  SG will never change.  She has been like this for 25 years.  

Honored Contributor

Assuming there is some kind of director on the set, keeping SG off the set while colors are presented is a good idea. Leah's director had a good idea.

Occasional Contributor

I saw bits and pieces of the show. Antonella seemed tired and didn’t follow Susan when she went over to the models. Later after there was no Antonella in the shot, they showed Antonella sitting in the chair just staring at the card. Antonella seemed not into the show, seemed not herself. Susan needed some sleep, she became dingy even for her. I agree there were some ackward moments between them and the hand stamp comment was unprofessional. 

Honored Contributor

that was so annoying--the girl needs to go back to her dark hair color and get it cut and styled----and I only watched a few minutes before I HAD to change the channel--not a fan of either of them.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

I noticed this morning on a.m. style when Leah was going to present the TSV she said Susan will stay off stage while I go over all the colors and size ranges. She completed her part beautifully and then in came Susan. Susan is very rude and disrespectful and talks over the hosts and carries on other conversations that are picked up on the mic. But I did notice with Leah, She was a little tamer. Maybe the same with Carolyn, maybe a certain type post can reign her in a little bit.

I noticed that too.  I didn't see the Graver show with Antonella but I definitely got the idea that Leah was trying to reign SG in.  I like SG but she does like to take over the presentation of her clothes and QVC has let her do that for decades.  Perhaps the "new" QVC wants her to stay in lane and let the hosts do their jobs.   

Honored Contributor

Susan Graver is loud, brash, and rude. I would hate trying to work with her. She owns and wears everything. Everything looks great on everybody. Everything is her favorite print or pattern. Every fabric is the greatest and  most comfortable in all climates. I look at her items on line but will not watch her. 

Trusted Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@OldNana80 wrote:

That show gave me a headache! Susan's cackling, hooting and hollering, never being quiet for a moment, talking over the host is just too much!  Towards the end of the show Antonella asked Susan about a stamp on her hand. Susan said it was from somewhere she had been the night before, Antonella asked if it was Chipendales, a lot of jokes were made about it and I kind of felt Susan was put in an awkward spot even though she gets on my nerves. Then all of the talking about what each of them sang at kareoke got out of hand.  It went on for too long and was annoying.  I did sense tension between them towards the end of the show.

AN should not have mentioned or drawn attention to whatever was on her guest's (SG) hand.  That was unprofessional.  Putting people on the spot is one of my pet peeves.  

Regarding Chippendales, I've seen Antonella do something similar.  She starts talking with the vendor about something slightly suggestive and then picks, and picks, and picks at it.  I have a relative who does it.  Big turnoff.  

Respected Contributor

Susan will not allow the hosts to do colors without interrupting and it can frustrate the hosts.

Respected Contributor

I wish I had a dime for every time she says "and again". Just when I think she going to have to break to get a breath (or perhaps let the host give pesky INFO) she comes out with "and again" and we are off to the races. Manic behavior. She use to be a lot calmer....remember her silky blues line? No screaming and shaking booties or singing.....just pretty clothing.